World Sea Fishing Forums banner

could'nt find the plaice??? 23/04/07

990 views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Willy Eckerslyke 
#1 ·
decided to take a trip to knott end this morning after yesterdays brilliant report from connorhope and tony c and the lads :secret:

got to the carpark for 08:45 jay{madazrex} and his brother lee { who's emigrating to malta in a few weeks but is flying out tomorrow for a week to find a place to live } lucky so and so ,kitted up and set off out

and set off for the low water mark { thats some treck that is } the rain was light making it even more stodgy underfoot as jason found out ,he had lagged behind and not followed us over the firmer stuff ,we heard him shout help and as we turn'd round just managed to catch him fall face first in some rarther deep mud i no its not nice .........but we did laugh
this is him trying to get his wellies back cause i didnt get me camera out fast enough to catch the first bit {sorry}

anyway we managed to get out there and i went off pumping some worm while mudskipper and his bro set up the rods {:roll1: }

to put it bluntly we had 1 fish between 3 of us plenty of beads on the rigs small hooks fresh pumped worm so cant understand the lack of fish and it wasnt a plaice it was a flounder {trust me }
did collect a bag of cockles on way back {very nice }

heres some more pics

it was very muddy

the ferry from fleetwood

tightlines.....................daz

See less See more
#4 ·
he he what a top day

funny thers nowt like being mucky lol

or stuck in the mud but i would just like to add

it was me that got the fishy my aim this year is to get a big fish on that rod of mine

he he whach this space for more fun and mud wrestling

fun and frolloks ]

and rola cola he he

#6 ·
Hi Daz, looking at your pics, you fished a few hundred feet further up the channel than we did. Great report and good pics.:clap3:

#7 ·
:clap3: unlucky daz that mud is a killer on the calfs mearly lost a welly miself good report and pics think the dredger must have thrown all that mud up was not like that a couple of week ago nice pics of the mudskipper:lmao: :lmao:

#9 ·
:unsure: unlucky lads , how long did you fish the tide back in ?, because when we were there it only picked up on the incomming tide :)
i would have loved to see a vid of jase gettin stuck in the mud though lol , theres some sloppy patches out there
cuberd
couldn't get me camera out quick enough for laughing Dave :roll1: :roll1:

managed just under 2 hours of the flood matey was pumping fresh worm and that was the only bite we had ,
made rigs especially for there more bling than Ali G ,size 2 hooks and 2 to 3 oz leads so cant understand it will try again but i think the weather played a part ???
it never stopped raining

tightlines..............................daz

#12 ·
you ok cubby what you been up to will have to come out with the lads at some point its been ages
i know jase , i have to work my fishing around mi shifts , i was planning on going to knottend sunday morning , but with being on nights and finishing work sat morn , a couple of pints sat night , well i only got up at 9 am lol,
got a couple of weeks off starting saturday so may be we can have a meet somewhere eh :)
cuberd

#14 ·
Hi Daz, looking at your pics, you fished a few hundred feet further up the channel than we did. Great report and good pics.:clap3:
Hi connorhope,

How far from the end of mussel bed, along the channel, going out to sea, should you fish to get into the plaice mark and is it a cast as far as you can job or cast short. I have never been out on the sands off knot End but I would like a go, is it best to walk out along side the mussel bed or walk out further away from the bed.

Many thanks

Willy :g:

#15 ·
:) willy , you will have to walk to your right and stay on the solid sand , walk out in a big ark around to the bay formed past the mussle beds and no you dont have to chuck very far once the tide starts to come in , 50 yds should be enough,
theres a little sand bank that just about appears at low water , put yer bait on that or just the other side of it :)
cuberd

#16 ·
Hi connorhope,

How far from the end of mussel bed, along the channel, going out to sea, should you fish to get into the plaice mark and is it a cast as far as you can job or cast short. I have never been out on the sands off knot End but I would like a go, is it best to walk out along side the mussel bed or walk out further away from the bed.

Many thanks

hi willy

in my honest opinion of the place matey its best to head out in a curve ,following the mussel bed doesnt seem a good idea as jay found out and not one to do on your own either matey especially if you don't no the place ,

that mud was bad and i fish low at fairhaven and its nothing compared to this place even though it rained all day when we got back to mine i had to hang the stuff on the washing line and hose the lot off

someones bound to be going out there in the next couple of weeks see if you can tag along

tightlines........................daz

#17 ·
Hi connorhope,

Many thanks

Hi Willy, as it has been said don't walk over the mussel bed keep to the right. When you come to the end of the mussel bed on your left, there is a small inlet. We fished about 100yds further up the channel, keeping the inlet to your left. I judge the length of my cast by the hight of the tide, if you are going this weekend the hight of the tide is 25-26ft, so it won't go out as far, so you may have to put a cast of 60-80yds from waters edge at low and a little farther 1hr before low, [if that makes sense]. To give you a mark look for two little stumps sticking out of the ground. When tide starts to come in fish it back to these stumps, then its time to walk back.

#18 ·
Many thanks to cuberd, fyshermen and connorhope for the above information, all very much appreciated and noted.

Looking forward to getting out there, I was concerned about safety aspect so what you have explained has made things a bit clearer.

Thanks

Willy :thumbs:

' A wise man, is wise enough to know there are men wiser than himself '

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.