World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to make the most of the nice weather after work recently. However, tides and bait have been a bit of a problem with none of the shops in Barmouth open and the tides being neaps.

Anyway I have been looking at a few different marks ready for when it picks up. Last night I went to Dyffryn Ardudwy. I got there around high water to find a better surf than I was expecting. Still, nothing great though. I had one bite which didn't materialise. I left after an hour and a half ish. Nice night to be out if nothing else. Oh and ignore the date on the pics, I have since corrected it :p

Today after work I headed to Penrhyn point to have a proper look around. I had the lure rod in the boot but the water was still a bit coloured for me to bother fishing. Cracking sky though with the mist.

After this I went home to get my bait gear and try Barmouth beach again. I went inbetween where the groins begin and the duney part. I arrived again at about high water and just as it was getting dark. It was really misty tonight which was spooky...

Again my bait was cack (will be getting a load to put in the freezer from malc on the weekend) but I managed two fish, the standard doggie at range and a pin whiting in the surf. I left after about 2 hours this time as it was slow.

Still I got to test out the new camera and find some more spots for the armoury. Next week I will hopefully have something better to report as I won't have any bait excuses and I will be able to fish low water into the flood.

Cheers.

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,945 Posts
At least there the saviour of the day and you got out. Was hoping to get out today but no joy so should be up early for a few hours of the ebb and I'm sure Mr Doggy will be in there some where with some pin Whiting anything else will be a bonus at the mo.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Cracking report and pics Ben :clap:, thanks for sharing :thumbs:.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
excellent report and photos thanks and well done on catching a couple of fish. :clap3:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts