World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The story will start with myself and Makemineadouble on a two venue event on Saturday 10th, this Bass weighed in at 8lb 4oz:-

Sorry for the quality of picture but the lens had muck on it (it was not raining).

This was the only fish caught on the night, it went to a Makkie bait.

We fished Friday night and managed these two Schoolies:-

These were caught at low tide on lug baits in the surf, we fished until 03.00 Saturday morning where we were about to murder one another as the weed was horrendous as the tide flooded in, other fish caught were Eels and a Doggie.

Craig said he was going to fish again Saturday, I said no thanks one because of the weed and the other as i was going out for dinner, any way as the day went on and speaking to Craig throughout the day i decided i would meet up with him when i finished my dinner with friends, a quick call to him and the answer was very little weed, i arrived at the Marina around 23.00 both rods were set up and out and then the weed kicked in, i was seriously thinking of going home as my head was going to come off again both rods were brought out and it was time to reassess what we were doing a quick change of tactics and i was rewarded with this Bass at 9lb 9oz:-

Job done i fished until 02.00 and went home a happy man.

All fish were returned to be caught another day.

I can only hope that this weed disperses soon as I do not want a repeat of last year as we had a good start to our Bass season and it got completely destroyed by the weed, so fingers crossed.

All the best.

Andrew

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well done on some lovely catches :punk:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Well done on a cracking couple of fish. hopefully with the wind and the big tides some of the weed will get stuck high up the beach.

P

·
0 Posts
some nice fish there andrew......don't tell rob..:secret: he will end up
pulling all his hair out...lol

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some nice fish there andrew......don't tell rob..:secret: he will end up
pulling all his hair out...lol
I think he already is Paul, I might have to teach him all that i do not know.

Andrew

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
Nice to see a report from you guys and well done on the two big Bass Andrew :1a: it looks like you almost broke into a smile on the photo with the schoolie but in the others, despite holding two lovely Bass, you look like you're about to murder someone :eek:hnoes: The weed must have been terrible to overcome the smile those Bass should've been giving you!!!! Something that did make me smile though was the fact that we're both Andrew's, both born in '66 and now both have 9lb 9oz Bass to our names this season :punk: Top fishing in difficult conditions :yeah:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice to see a report from you guys and well done on the two big Bass Andrew :1a: it looks like you almost broke into a smile on the photo with the schoolie but in the others, despite holding two lovely Bass, you look like you're about to murder someone :eek:hnoes: The weed must have been terrible to overcome the smile those Bass should've been giving you!!!! Something that did make me smile though was the fact that we're both Andrew's, both born in '66 and now both have 9lb 9oz Bass to our names this season :punk: Top fishing in difficult conditions :yeah:
I think the face says it all, Tiredness, Shock and frustration, but as Craig keeps telling me if you can fish it out they are there for the taking, he does talk some sense sometimes, Oh and he makes a good net boy. All jokes aside he has taught me an awful lot and still continues to do so.

Last nights Bass has also helped with our wager set up last week which is all Bass over 6lb get added up and the difference between the two of us costs the lower poundage a £1 a lb.

All the best.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Last nights Bass has also helped with our wager set up last week which is all Bass over 6lb get added up and the difference between the two of us costs the lower poundage a £1 a lb.

All the best.

Andrew
Great couple of lumps there, very envious, but that's a scary bet against Craig.

I went all out for a biggie in the surf at Tide Mills last night fshing low to 2 hour up (no weed at all, beautiful surf); no takes on the mackerel but switched to slipper limpet for last cast and straight into a 38cm schoolie so the fish were probably there all along.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great couple of lumps there, very envious, but that's a scary bet against Craig.

I went all out for a biggie in the surf at Tide Mills last night fshing low to 2 hour up (no weed at all, beautiful surf); no takes on the mackerel but switched to slipper limpet for last cast and straight into a 38cm schoolie so the fish were probably there all along.
I know that is a scary on but it makes for a good bit of fun and banter and i do not mind taking his money.

Welldone on you Bass mate, nice to see no weed up this end, I have never bait fished Tide mills only ever chuck some fluff for the makkies.

Andrew

·
Registered
953 Posts

Must of walked right past you, was on the sands for a bit but was rather disappointed with results was going to fish the surf but lack of worms defeated me! Interesting bout the limpits, i never managed to collect many the few months back when they were around :(

Cracking fish craig and aprb, and ditto......very envious!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
well done again last night mate:clap3:,just goes to show you if you can keep a bait anchored down there,they will find it!
as for fri night,never, ever again it would have put selsey to shame down there,its a shame we are only counting fish over 6lbs cos last night wasnt a total washout for me,i bagged a wee 5lb 2oz fish at 5 am this morning,then went home to bed,quick re-cap all the weights are added and you are in front by 9lbs 9ozs,(just one good fish)watch this space!

simon,the mills should be producing to sandeel and freshouts when the water meets the shingle by the arm,good luck all,craig

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
pp, that weed was really quite something,i have fished selsey in horrendous weed conditions,but over the rough friday was unbelievable,it really was, neither of us were talking much as andy dropped me home,just distraught, its so annoying knowing they are down there but cant reach them!
this week ahead heralds what i think of as perfect tides and conditions for the bass so hopefully the weed will do one!:giveup:

footnote,anyone wishing for makkies,there plenty on east arm as i left this morning,and dave reports they are getting them now still,good news

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Stunning fish there Andrew, a very well done to you and Craig (but mostly well done to you! lol) :clap3:

Superb fishing, though Craig is right re you stretching the lead by one good fish away.

I'd be really interested to see what the final tally is at the end of the year. As you say, you were both off to a flying start last year and the weed killed the bassing - lets hope this year its good fishing for a longer.

Regards
Richard

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
simon,the mills should be producing to sandeel and freshouts when the water meets the shingle by the arm,good luck all,craig
Was fishing about 800 yards east of the arm, will try nearer the arm another time, thanks for the tip. My brother was fishing with me on sandeel and got no takes either but I'll persevere with them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts