World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

As i'm still reletively new to the scene i have a few questions that have been on my mind.

Do people take the hooks off their rigs when they have used them? How long do you keep your rigs for?

I have been thinking of attaching these to my rigs in order to just clip the hooks on and off with ease...

Also what size hooks should i be using for all around fish? I usually use 2/0 and thats it, i tend not to change them.

One more thing has anyone got a D-Vice? And are they as good as people say they are.

Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
it depends where you fish. if ive been fishing over rough ground i tend not to use the rig again. if ive been clean beach fishing i chect the rig for rough parts - most of the time i can use the rig again.

as for clip downs - those links are fine depending on what sort of rig your using. you might prefer an impact shield when distance casting in order to make your bait most strem lined etc...............................

·
Registered
88 Posts
hi sveaney the only time i remove my hooks is if they are bent or blunt normally i dry my rig off after use roll it up and put it back i my wallet the longest i have kept a used rig is two months if i haven't lost it i will strip it down to make a new rig
you can use the clips for the hook on the snood line but you will struggle to get a decent size worm on the hook it stops you from using the snood line to run the bait up as for hook size it depends what you are targeting if its mullet the i use an 8 or 10 for scratching i use 1/0 to 2/0 if i am out on the boat i will use a 4/0 each to there own its what works for you i hope this helps

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Moved here. You may get a few more responses.

Whop

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
hopefully andy mcrig will be like a duracell battery and just keep on going.

to the op you can get mini rig clips for putting on snoods

jesus

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
i would normally use hooks only for one session especially if on rough ground.

as for rigs in general, i'll try and get a fair bit of use out of them. when im finished a sess i'll check the line for any abrasion and if there is i'll bin it!

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
As above - people dont reuse rigs especially if the ground is slightly rough.

However, being able to clip hook lengths on and off is used by quite a few people so they can quickly rebait and get the line back in the water.

Personally I find it easier to use a whole other rig, as i'm not so disciplined with my rig making that the snood lengths are always the same length on whatever rig im using clipped down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts