World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a lot of threads for fishing in Edinburgh area recently and I've not seen anyone mention the old harbour down at Cove. I fished down there a few times about 4 or 5 years ago during winter and had one smashing night in particular with bite after bite and ended up with a great catch. Its a wee bit of a walk as you can't get the car down but wasn't to snaggy
cheers neil

·
Halfway To the Horizon
1,513 Posts
cove is an area that not alot of people know about or fish.
it can be a good mark for cod and wrasse - having seen a 5lb ballan caught a few years back, it shows they are there.
to find the fish - find the rough ground :secret:
PS

·
Registered
79 Posts
i have a caravan at pease bay and have fished cove many times,its a high tide mark because at low tide the water goes all the way out of the harbour,i have caught small cod and coalies and lots of small flounder in the entrance,it gets fished quite a lot in the summer and there is not much room for more than six people fishing due to the layout,its a very nice mark to fish on a summers day,just being there is great, catching fish is just a good bonus.....one of the only places i would consider taking the wife and kids IF i really had to..:yucky:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I fished Cove last night for a couple of hours after work. You need to watch the swell breaking over the wall came close to geting a good drenching a couple of times. I used a 2 hook flapper and a sliding float rig and pulled in good sized coalies for the couple of hours I was there. On the flapper I had a couple of double shots which on a light bass rod with 12lb braid gave good sport. Still not long now till the wrasse make an appearance then summer fishing on the east coast really kicks in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts