World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished off Coverack harbour wall this morning for a couple of hours. Lots of little Pollack hitting sandeel about 5-10m out. I managed to catch one on a jellyworm before it was time for breakfast, I tried again after but the tide had dropped and the fish had moved on. Sorry no pics, left my phone in the car...

Many thanks to the spear fisherman who tried to put me on the wrasse and fetched me a nice crab out for bait! :thumbs:

Nice to get the first fish of my holiday straight away! :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Fished off Coverack harbour wall this morning for a couple of hours. Lots of little Pollack hitting sandeel about 5-10m out. I managed to catch one on a jellyworm before it was time for breakfast, I tried again after but the tide had dropped and the fish had moved on. Sorry no pics, left my phone in the car...

Many thanks to the spear fisherman who tried to put me on the wrasse and fetched me a nice crab out for bait! :thumbs:

Nice to get the first fish of my holiday straight away! :D
well done mate least you didnt blank/they can only get bigger now goodluck:fish:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi m8 i was down coverack :fishing: sunday and monday evning seen a few mackrell come in and had a g8 display of ganants diving out in the bay my doughter had a some nice wrass down there :fishing1::sun::sun:,

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well done on catching down there. You want to watch out for those gannets down there I had one on a dexter wedge - thought it was a good mackerel or pollack until it surfaced mind you they do go well on light tackle but require careful unhooking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts