World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would imagine this has been asked a million times before but could someone please help me with a crab issue (no pun intended):shutup:

anyway just got back from a walk on the beach with the dog, took a bucket and collected about 30 green and red crabs, all hard back. what i would like to know is are these any good for bait ? if so how? anyway i released them all before coming home because i couldn't decide, any help appreciated.
lately i have caught a few codling and all have had plenty of small crabs in the stomach's.

CHEERS

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would imagine this has been asked a million times before but could someone please help me with a crab issue (no pun intended):shutup:

anyway just got back from a walk on the beach with the dog, took a bucket and collected about 30 green and red crabs, all hard back. what i would like to know is are these any good for bait ? if so how? anyway i released them all before coming home because i couldn't decide, any help appreciated.
lately i have caught a few codling and all have had plenty of small crabs in the stomach's.

CHEERS
theres a tread about hardback crabs in the General Sea Angling Discussions hope this helps

·
Registered
11,118 Posts

CHEERS
be careful when taking small edible crabs as you could end up in trouble. theres all sorts of laws on sizes and using them for bait.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Some of the guys in know use red crab meat in finger bandages. Haven't got around to trying it out though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts