World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished south cornwall rock mark last night with a good mate who has just got back from afghan,hadnt seen him in six month , he desperatly wanted to catch a few fish,after a shortish walk and then a stiff climb we were ready to fish,well what can i say we both lost a shed load of weights a usual but we had rockling to just over a pound ,yuk,pollack to two and a half,wrasse to roughly a couple of pound,the usual dogs,rich had a nice huss not huge but a good rod bender,and then dead on low water something a bit bigger picked up a single sandeel clipped down and belted out as far as i could get it,this was better ,after a good ten minutes of head shaking and deep lunges we had the fish under our feet,rich went down with a gaff and perfectly took the fish out of the water,a conger just shy of nineteen pound,after a couple of pics on the mobile we slipped the fish back into the water,thats the best eel i have had for a couple of years,usually at this mark we pick up 3 or 4 eels a night but this year i have only had 3 out in total,well worth the effort ,chuffed,seems strange that all the big baits we put out on this mark and yet this aint the first eel i have hooked there on the single sandeel,in fact the biggest eel i have ever seen anywhere i hooked the same way,mmm,i have just asked rich to try and send a pic down which hopefully i will be able to post

·
Registered
996 Posts
Well done eug glad to see someone landing and eel especially of that size!I have missed at least 1 on each of my last 3 sessions!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts