World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Penarth end of the barrage, anyone tell me the name of this place? Anyway fished from around 7am until 11.30am and not a bloody bite, not even a nibble!! Was using rag and squid. Kept chopping and changing casting long and short, still no joy. Getting pretty fed up with the blanks now, is it just me or is anyone else consistantly blanking?? Or am I just fishing the wrong marks? Starting to look lovingly at the old trout fishing rod again, help!!!!!!
Hope the rest of you are having better luck,
Penn

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Ranny was it????

Ive been rocking the last few times in porthcawl though...

Doggies and whiting,,and a small blondie..BUT!!!!!!,,,

Theres always that Bass with my name on...Which soon will present itself to my hook.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah Don't think it's the Ranny mate, it's below the cliffs at Penarth, but it doesn't really matter cause I won't be back there for a while!! Think I need to go a bit further afield, but don't know all that many places 'cause I'm not originally from here. At home in Ireland I had loads of options, but mainly spinning for big Pollack from the rocks, fly fishing for trout etc. I suppose it's the same for locals here. Still I'm glad youre doin ok anyway m8 ;) Maybe I'll make my way to Porthcawl, off to look at the map....
Penn

·
Registered
737 Posts
its dock beach mate and u must be fishing with poacher to get all them blanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Marcus I'd appreciate that, would be good to have someone local to show me the ropes, and it's not that far from Cardiff, I look forward to it m8. Thanks Natmatlew, I kinda thought it was "dock beach" but wasn't sure, and I think someone (John Dory?) caught a couple of bass there recently too! But I must be a real jinx 'cause I swear I never got a tap the last two times I've been there! As for fishing with Poacher, well I can blank just fine on my own mate! lol Anyway I'm off to the foreshore for an hour or two tonight to drown the rest of my worms, probably feeding the buggers up for someone else to catch!!!
Cheers all,
Penn

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hiya

Yes it is dock beach. Its a hit and miss venue this time of the year. Late may on wards you will have the eels and the odd bass there as well as some flounder but not in the quanity that you can target the flats.

Autum / winter its whiting, pouting and the very odd codling.

Hope that helps

Paul

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers tomowales,
Think I'll fish a bit less until things pick up a bit. Thanks again for the info.
Penn

·
Registered
737 Posts
god help me poach when i blank itll be non stop ribbing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts