World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tides were big but unfortunately wrong times for night fishing but managed a few hours Saturday and Sunday during the day. Very overcast with lots of movement in the water. Probably great cod weather if it had been a month earlier!
Bait was mackie, squid, frozen lug.
Fished a two hook short rig on one and a pulley on the other.
Baits coming back untouched for the most part but got one good tug which I connected with. Fish ran towards me, lots of head shaking and dives. Retrieving line rapid style as he headed for the harbour wall. Got it to surface, not bad looking cod. Took lug on the pulley. Chapped on the head and despatched. When I was gutting it i opened its stomach to see what it was feeding on and found two 5/0 hooks and line. They're at bottom of picture.
About an hour later, another rattle and my biggest ever flounder. He took lug also. Didn't weigh either but would probably give the cod three maybe four pounds? Flounder over a pound definitely.

Attachments

G

·
well done joe, a decent size fish for the time of year in fife,and a belting flounder as well,looks well over a pound.
cheers rab

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
:marinheir not a bad result at all , just shows what hardy ladz they are when they can work away with a belly full of hooks lol well done !!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well done on the flounder Joe and of course on the codling too. Good pics.

Just goes to show how some fish can survive with the hooks inside them unfortunately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts