World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after reading a lot of non fishing dribble (my opinion) i thought id tell you how we got on last week launching my mates boat out of crail. firstly me and bil sets out of crail harbour,water flat calm , kids jumpin of pier wall. but 2 mile out different world ,big swell and white horses onlly 1 codling about 2.5lbs and a couple of small coalies after 3hrs we gave up, this was on wed. night. sun. we tried again 3 of us,after wed. i wisnae to optimistic but wiz iwrang. intae cod right away efter pickin up macs for bait,we had a total of 26 codling between 2-5lbs and 13 small ling up to 3lb a great day especially fur auld jock first time oot fur 7yrs he had his share of the fish, and his banter wiz great `yous cnuts are cheatin, giz a thrupennybit worm , giz a heavier weight, on n on aw day worz than rabc but he loved it and wants to go next time . jock wi one of his cod.

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
was that guys that passed us on sun morning me and the missus were fishing the rocks by the life boat station! that was a good catch mate well done on all the fish! :fish:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was that guys that passed us on sun morning me and the missus were fishing the rocks by the life boat station! that was a good catch mate well done on all the fish! :fish:
dinae think so tam ,we went straight oot from crail and the fog was well thick, we were on a 20ft radar 605 pilot house look oot fur us and giz a wave.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well done guys, good wee session there on the Sunday by the sounds of things.

How is Crail for launching the boat? Is it a sli[pway or a beach? Can you launch with a car or do you need a 4X4? Would like to give it a try soon as it's not too far from where I live!

Cheers:thumbs:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well done guys, good wee session there on the Sunday by the sounds of things.

How is Crail for launching the boat?

Cheers:thumbs:
its eezy peezy to launch at crail even by yoursel its a long no to steep cobbled slip ,very sheltered . tight lines

1 - 6 of 6 Posts