World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Crappy mustad boots, SUPER VEALS!!!

4K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  TOM PARKER 
#1 ·
My girlfriend bought me a pair of mustad sea farer boots from veals for Christmas, which i have probably worn about 20 times. then the other night when i returned home from a fishing session, i was removing one of the boots and the top half ,about an inch above the sole ripped off leaving the sole on the floor and the rest of the boot in my hand.:uhuh: :uhuh: i phoned veals the following day and told them that i wasn't happy with this product and the head torch (apex) which i also had for Christmas was being temper mental ! and instead of having the same products exchanged, would it be possible to pay the extra money and get a tiga headlamp , the difference was £35.00. Dave at veals said he would be only to happy to do this and sorry for any inconvenience caused, so i must say thank you very much to veals for the super service!!!!!!!!!:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

my friend had this exact same problem with the mustad boots, has anyone else had this problem?

G
#3 ·
My Mustad boots are starting to give up the ghost already. Not impressed now. I was quite happy to rate them at first as they felt safe and solid. But now they are looking well worn and i have lost a couple of lace ties on them. Starting to look for a new pair of boots.

#6 ·
im getting a pair of skeetex, i was gonna get the shakespear ones but the bloke in veals said they have been having the same problems with them, skeetex it is.

#8 ·
Sounds like you remove your boots by treading on your heel! :unsure:

That aside, I don't reckon I can think of any Mustad product that is any good. Yet again, a big company trying to make more profit by getting their products made cheaply by a ten year old in China. Naughty naughty Mustad!! :uhuh:

#9 ·

That aside, I don't reckon I can think of any Mustad product that is any good. Yet again, a big company trying to make more profit by getting their products made cheaply by a ten year old in China. Naughty naughty Mustad!! :uhuh:
Bait cool bags are ok! I looked at the mustad boots but went for the pro logic polar zone boots instead and they are the dogs.

#11 ·
There are a few decent boots on the market. Try the camping/hiking shops rather than the fishing shops. They have a few models with the water proof toe area and i think most are made from a water proof material. Probably looking at about £50 for a decent pair of boots.

#13 ·

even if i did take them off that way ,which i didnt and never have done, should they just fall apart like that.:g:

G
#14 ·
Para boots (army surplus) are the way to go - get the German ones! Any boot designed to be worn by someone that jumps out of an aeroplane, lands in mud and then walks 20 miles before fighting a battle must be OK! Mine are comfy, warm and waterproof! Shame I look like Capt Mannering in them!

#15 ·
Bait cool bags are ok! I looked at the mustad boots but went for the pro logic polar zone boots instead and they are the dogs.
I had a pair of pro logic polar zone boots, I found them complete garbage. First of all the sole is so thick and stiff that walking is incredibly uncomfortable and feels like walking on stilts! And the black rubber bit that surrounds the sole cracked and basically disentegrated after a few months use rendering them useless - this was honestly no more than 6 months use which I think is disgusting!!

However they were used a lot, probably about 1 1/2 miles a day (dog walking) and fishing at the weekends...still I had hoped they would last for longer than they did.

As martyboy says try a camping/hiking shop instead, the boots are (IMO) of much better quality. I now were a pair of hiking boots and they are brilliant :fish:

#16 ·
must be a dodgey set of boots , as i have worn mine more than 20 times , and had no trouble with them :g: :g:

#19 ·
mine are also just starting to go, the left boot lets in a bit of water and it seems to have developed small cracks where they bend in the toe area. have probably worn them 40 times or so, in all weathers and i've never cleaned or washed them in that time. so i guess i've had my wear / use out of them.

#20 ·
mine are also just starting to go, the left boot lets in a bit of water and it seems to have developed small cracks where they bend in the toe area. have probably worn them 40 times or so, in all weathers and i've never cleaned or washed them in that time. so i guess i've had my wear / use out of them.

Dont know about that mate-if you bought a pair of trainers and wore them every day, wouldnt you expect them to last more than 6 weeks [about 40 times]?

#22 ·
I rated my Mustad boots quite highly when I first had them - warm and comfy.
They started leaking after I wore them about a dozen times - even to the point where I went home with soaking feet after it rained on the Pier !!
I wear my old KSB's now - at least they are still waterproof !!

#24 ·
As Groomy D sais get a pair of decent WALKING BOOTS. I personaly think boots are the most important bit of clothing, if you get wet feet early in the day then its going to be a write off . The best boots I have ever been issued were a pair of matterhorns, but the kind people who leant me them asked for them back when I left their little club.

Hi tec also do some good boots, not gore tex but their version and a lot cheapr than the other big names.
JonC

#25 ·
Oh no, I recently bought a pair a few weeks ago, worn them 3 or 4 times now so it sounds like they havent got long left.
I imagined Mustad gear would be good, their terminal tackle bits are, but I did notice the "made in China" label and felt disappointed, I was expecting Norwegian craftsmanship. Oh well!

#26 ·
Dont know about that mate-if you bought a pair of trainers and wore them every day, wouldnt you expect them to last more than 6 weeks [about 40 times]?
i don't wear trainers in the sort of conditions i wear the mustad boots. freezing temperatures, standing in sea water puddles, rock climbing, seven estuary mud and then they are stored outside in my shed without ever being rinsed off. they are about 16 months old now. if i had a pair of £100 trainers and treated them like this i wouldn't complain to NIKE if they broke. they cost me £30, so i think i've had my monies worth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.