World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my mate jacky went to cullernose point lastnite because weve both read reports about the place and it sounded a good fishing spot.
Omg it was fantastic, the scenery was class and the sea was massive.
We set off from jackys at about 5pm but after 5 mins on the road jacky realised he had forgotten his box of nuts, bolts and sockets(its supposed to be rough ground and after loosing about £30 worth of tackle at beadnell point a couple of weeks ago we went for the cheap option). We got up craster for about 6.30pm and looked for some fishermen to find out exactly where cullernose point was. We got to our mark and set up and in the water for just after 7 to fish the last 3 hours ebb tide and 4 hours flood. At craster your fishing off the rocks and its slippy so you have to be extra carefull and best take wellies.
I was using a single hook pulley rig with a rotten bottom and size 3 circul hook and for bait we had muscle, squid, lug and a bit mackerel. We're just new to sea fishing so we were experimenting with bait. I wanted to make some sort of cocktail sausage so i pulled off the squids head emptied its insides and stuffed it with lug and muscle then mummified it with elastic haha. It worked a treat, presentation was so nice i could of ate it myself. I dont know if anyone else is the same but iv got a bit of o.c.d when it comes to baiting i think the nicer and neater i get the bait the more the fish will like it hahaha i know its stupid, if it smells nice fish will take it therefore a piece of meat on a hook will get eaten so i should probably just stop wasting time and chuck it on.
Anyways my second cast in and i got 3 nocks Bang, bang, bang and aaaaaah yesss i was on haha it felt great i pulled out a codling about 40cm and 2.3lbs i was chuffed to bits it was my first codling and my new record size and weight.
I had 2 more casts and bang. I was on again this time it was undersized only about a foot long and just over 1lb so returned it coz i wanted to catch his big brother haha. 5 minutes after jacky got a nock on his rod but he was busy setting another rod up so i had to grab a hold of it but i had my beachcaster in my hand and it was crazy trying to juggle 2 rods while beeing unbalanced on slippery rocks anyways jacky ran over and pulled another small codling in haha what a night we were both codling virgins before tonite so the blokes on the rocks about half a mile away must of thought we caught a shark haha. After that sadly it went quiete, plenty of nocks on the rods but we didnt mannage to connect(i think a bit more experience would of seen a big return).
We packed up at about 2.30am absolutlely buzzing witb the night it was a really nice place to fish. The ground wasnt snaggy at all i didnt loose 1 weight or hook so i was suprised and its well worth getting battered about in the rain on slippery rocks just for the return you get out of it and it beats going out on the **** any day.
So far on our northeast coast journeys weve blanked 3 times and now been successful twice haha happy days i think the cold weather and big sea tides(full moon) has alot to do with it but im just a novice who likes to read reviews and tactics and get advice from others so i could be wrong.
P.s. if anyone is new like me and wants a good cod location and wants to give cullernose a try p.m me and i will gladly give directions, theres parking available, its a 5 min walk from car and theres a path leading right to the seafront.

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha thanks mate. Im kean coz its a better buz then any alcohol i dont care what anyone says. We always have a belta time good bit crack and ye dont wake up rough the next day haha.
Hey lobster man thanks for the tip i knew it was a cod strait away ye cant miss the whiskers haha

Tight lines mate

·
Registered
209 Posts
Me and my mate jacky went to cullernose point lastnite because weve both read reports about the place and it sounded a good fishing spot.
Omg it was fantastic, the scenery was class and the sea was massive.
We set off from jackys at about 5pm but after 5 mins on the road jacky realised he had forgotten his box of nuts, bolts and sockets(its supposed to be rough ground and after loosing about £30 worth of tackle at beadnell point a couple of weeks ago we went for the cheap option). We got up craster for about 6.30pm and looked for some fishermen to find out exactly where cullernose point was. We got to our mark and set up and in the water for just after 7 to fish the last 3 hours ebb tide and 4 hours flood. At craster your fishing off the rocks and its slippy so you have to be extra carefull and best take wellies.
I was using a single hook pulley rig with a rotten bottom and size 3 circul hook and for bait we had muscle, squid, lug and a bit mackerel. We're just new to sea fishing so we were experimenting with bait. I wanted to make some sort of cocktail sausage so i pulled off the squids head emptied its insides and stuffed it with lug and muscle then mummified it with elastic haha. It worked a treat, presentation was so nice i could of ate it myself. I dont know if anyone else is the same but iv got a bit of o.c.d when it comes to baiting i think the nicer and neater i get the bait the more the fish will like it hahaha i know its stupid, if it smells nice fish will take it therefore a piece of meat on a hook will get eaten so i should probably just stop wasting time and chuck it on.
Anyways my second cast in and i got 3 nocks Bang, bang, bang and aaaaaah yesss i was on haha it felt great i pulled out a codling about 40cm and 2.3lbs i was chuffed to bits it was my first codling and my new record size and weight.
I had 2 more casts and bang. I was on again this time it was undersized only about a foot long and just over 1lb so returned it coz i wanted to catch his big brother haha. 5 minutes after jacky got a nock on his rod but he was busy setting another rod up so i had to grab a hold of it but i had my beachcaster in my hand and it was crazy trying to juggle 2 rods while beeing unbalanced on slippery rocks anyways jacky ran over and pulled another small codling in haha what a night we were both codling virgins before tonite so the blokes on the rocks about half a mile away must of thought we caught a shark haha. After that sadly it went quiete, plenty of nocks on the rods but we didnt mannage to connect(i think a bit more experience would of seen a big return).
We packed up at about 2.30am absolutlely buzzing witb the night it was a really nice place to fish. The ground wasnt snaggy at all i didnt loose 1 weight or hook so i was suprised and its well worth getting battered about in the rain on slippery rocks just for the return you get out of it and it beats going out on the **** any day.
So far on our northeast coast journeys weve blanked 3 times and now been successful twice haha happy days i think the cold weather and big sea tides(full moon) has alot to do with it but im just a novice who likes to read reviews and tactics and get advice from others so i could be wrong.
P.s. if anyone is new like me and wants a good cod location and wants to give cullernose a try p.m me and i will gladly give directions, theres parking available, its a 5 min walk from car and theres a path leading right to the seafront.
Hi micky I've fished for a good number of years but never tryed the place where you's went to it looks very intimidating there more so in the dark

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi micky I've fished for a good number of years but never tryed the place where you's went to it looks very intimidating there more so in the dark
Haha yes it is a little bit when you fist get there mate but we took our time and made sure where the tide was and that we weren't going to get cut off or anything and after about half an hour it was fine. I wouldnt say it was dangerous, its impossible to get cut off as your on a steady slope also theres different ledges so when tide comes in you can just step to the next ledge up ect. You cant fall in aslong as your not stupid because your always a good 3metres away from the sea. Its easy to find mate and i think it will be an amaizing spot for someone more experienced like yourself. Because im sure there was the chance of a good few more fish if i struck at the right time mate.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Another cracking report Micky, well done lad! I was arranging with another member to go up to Craster, but unfortunately he passed away before we got the chance to go. Its probably gonna be a couple of weeks due to work commitments, but I'll definitely get up there!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another cracking report Micky, well done lad! I was arranging with another member to go up to Craster, but unfortunately he passed away before we got the chance to go. Its probably gonna be a couple of weeks due to work commitments, but I'll definitely get up there!
Andy me and my mate jacky are going back in a couple of weeks, it will more then likelly be on a saturday because of work also. Your more then welcome to come and join us mate if you fancy it and can make the same date. I know i said it wasnt dangerous but i wouldnt go on your own just because of the surface you have to climb across all the rocks to get to your point mate

·
Registered
209 Posts
Haha yes it is a little bit when you fist get there mate but we took our time and made sure where the tide was and that we weren't going to get cut off or anything and after about half an hour it was fine. I wouldnt say it was dangerous, its impossible to get cut off as your on a steady slope also theres different ledges so when tide comes in you can just step to the next ledge up ect. You cant fall in aslong as your not stupid because your always a good 3metres away from the sea. Its easy to find mate and i think it will be an amaizing spot for someone more experienced like yourself. Because im sure there was the chance of a good few more fish if i struck at the right time mate.
Cool I mainly fish the tyne these day and odd time off southshields pier because it's comfortable I use to fish beaches and the rock edges 10 odd year ago bloody hell listen to me I sound like I'm 80 I'm only 52 years of age I use to fish crawleys and the tables around whitley bay and gullys around cullercoats

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool I mainly fish the tyne these day and odd time off southshields pier because it's comfortable I use to fish beaches and the rock edges 10 odd year ago bloody hell listen to me I sound like I'm 80 I'm only 52 years of age I use to fish crawleys and the tables around whitley bay and gullys around cullercoats
Haha i prefer standing on a flat surface myself the slippery raggedy rocks get a bit uncomfortable after a few hours like and ye cant put ye full body into a cast coz youl just go arse over tit haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts