World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have eventually got to try the codling fishing in the NE after years of talking about it! Arranged a whole week away and started on middleton pier Monday 17th,just a short session, and caught two non keepers, good start. B&B in Newcastle then up to Northumberland on tues,what a coastline!! Got some bait in Lynemouth(very helpful chap there)and found craster(exploring is half the fun for me),broke my reel after an hour and walking back to the car came across Mike Dobson taking some pics of a bloke called Steve Williams(I think) watched him for an hour(caught 3 keepers) and learnt a lot.B&B in Amble,more bait,60lb braid,2 keepers about 2lb,and lost a belter in the kelp,I have caught a few decent cod but this thing was thumping like a train,anyway put it down to experience.Fished again on thurs but no fish,had a ride up to Seahouses and Beadnell so that I know where to go next year,praps a tad earlier.Great week,very envious of the fishing you boys have up there,see you next year!

·
Registered
230 Posts
its fished well in feb maybe into march had 3 visits in last few weeks had cod up to 8 pounds all in kelp all on worms still ... best night had 4 from 2 to 5 pounds then 2 days after not a sniff ...

need a slight roll not to much movement for kelp beds or flat up here well thats me on the kelp beds anyway .. hint seems to be few cod left around up near castle but to right hand side 40 meters out off yellow rock small gully here ....they may stay a while who knows ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts