World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Been looking at the Clulites like the FL900 3 levels 10watt led 16hrs on low
The strap wants redesigning as the head light wobbles about on your head. With the size of the head light it would be better off fixed to a helmet. Fenix head lamps are good.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Posted this some time ago still brilliant still going strong best lamp I've owned three settings High med low I mainly use the low and find it good for watching rod tips without floodlighting the beach.
Pete

Anyone looking for a cheap but good light.
For Christmas I got a Wowtac A2 headlamp for £25.99 from Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075ZN5LJY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
So far I am very impressed only £25.99 with a very natural looking light from the Neutral White LED as I don't like the cool white which is also available it comes with a quality re-chargeable 3400mah 18650 it has the charging port built into the battery and a charging cable(micro usb) is supplied it's very light weight and seems to have a good battery life early days yet but so far so good.Great flood light and the turbo boost is stunning it isn't focusable but not worried about that.
Pete
Demo video here

·
Registered
395 Posts
I use a Princeton tec Apex. Not the cheapest headlight but the best I've had.
Had mine for 4 or 5 years now and still going strong.
Run time not the best but easy enough to carry a spare set of AA batteries.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got a cheap rechargeable one off amazon prime for about £15 that comes with 2 x 18650 batteries.

Last ages, has a simple push/pull zoom and seems to work brilliantly. Why pay more?

LED Head Torch - OMERIL USB Rechargeable Headlamp with Super Bright 2000 Lumens, XM-L T6 LED, Zoomable 3 Modes, 2*18650 Rechargeable Batteries -4000mAh, Waterproof & Hands Free Front Headlight for Running Walking Cycling Fishing Camping Hiking Outdoor Lighting https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CYRVK5B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_aMAXBbQP1KCKK

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
For what they cost even the cheaper Fenix lamps are great, It depends on what you want to spend but for around £80 you can get a really decent lamp ,Charger and batteries

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I use a Princeton tec Apex. Not the cheapest headlight but the best I've had.
Had mine for 4 or 5 years now and still going strong.
Run time not the best but easy enough to carry a spare set of AA batteries.
Hiya Rob,
I also have the same headlight, had mine 6/7 years.
I find the battery life is rather good.
Do you use the spotlight settings a lot ?
I mainly use the lowest setting an still find it a tad bright, though the spotlight settings are great for getting/climbing to a fishing mark.

Mark...

Attachments

Reactions: codhunter75

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hiya Rob,
I also have the same headlight, had mine 6/7 years.
I find the battery life is rather good.
Do you use the spotlight settings a lot ?
I mainly use the lowest setting an still find it a tad bright, though the spotlight settings are great for getting/climbing to a fishing mark.

Mark...
Hi Mark.
I usually have it set on the higher of the outside LED settings so in effect high power on the outer lights.
Its not too bad to be fair.
4 batteries usually last a session. I always carry a set of spares though as backup.

Its also in daily use and I use it when shooting also so maybe the batteries just wear quick with me as they get a lot of use.
Cracking lamp though and if this one ever dies it will be replaced by the same one.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi Mark.
I usually have it set on the higher of the outside LED settings so in effect high power on the outer lights.
Its not too bad to be fair.
4 batteries usually last a session. I always carry a set of spares though as backup.

Its also in daily use and I use it when shooting also so maybe the batteries just wear quick with me as they get a lot of use.
Cracking lamp though and if this one ever dies it will be replaced by the same one.
Had a look at Princeton apex and looks very good but it's only 350 lumens...... compared to the others at 2000 or more ...... and lots more expensive........ like how highly you both regard it just wonder if 350 is enough?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Had a look at Princeton apex and looks very good but it's only 350 lumens...... compared to the others at 2000 or more ...... and lots more expensive........ like how highly you both regard it just wonder if 350 is enough?
Bright enough for anything I could think of using it for.
Its also bombproof. Been out in the very worst our winter can throw at us and no issues.
Only the low setting needed really when fishing.

·
Registered
15,912 Posts
Bright enough for anything I could think of using it for.
Its also bombproof. Been out in the very worst our winter can throw at us and no issues.
Only the low setting needed really when fishing.
Totally agree. Had mine for 15 years or probably more, longest time I’ve owned a headlight.

It’s not as bright on low as the other lights on the beach but imo that’s good, because what it does give out is more than enough for seeing rods, baiting up etc.
Use the spot for landing fish and the wide flood for climbing back etc.

Imo the wide flood is far too bright for general fishing

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
If you look around the net CH, they can be had for around 50pounds.
I think the lights outputs are more than enough for safety and our fishing, i cannot think of a situation where it lacks, like the other guys i use mine Winter through to Winter, freezing rain and ice cold nights,.
Also gets used working on the motorcar if i need to see:)

Another great selling point is the headband lol the only headlight that takes into account the size of our knogging/loaf/head, i have owned a brave few lights over the years and some headbands can be tools of torture and constraint.

Whatever you end up buying, good luck till ye.

Mark...

·
Registered
15,912 Posts
If you look around the net CH, they can be had for around 50pounds.
I think the lights outputs are more than enough for safety and our fishing, i cannot think of a situation where it lacks, like the other guys i use mine Winter through to Winter, freezing rain and ice cold nights,.
Also gets used working on the motorcar if i need to see:)

Another great selling point is the headband lol the only headlight that takes into account the size of our knogging/loaf/head, i have owned a brave few lights over the years and some headbands can be tools of torture and constraint.

Whatever you end up buying, good luck till ye.

Mark...
The only ‘fault’ with mine is the headband is that old now that it’s too stretched to adjust much, so I had to tie a knot in the slack bit lol.

Otherwise it’s all working as it should.

Think I got my £80 worth from it about 10 years ago!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Where did you See them for 50 quid fedstar ? And thanks for info guys I'm tempted to treat myself to one
Yep If I could find one for 50 notes I'd buy one as a spare
Seems like i was talking boolex chaps, you would have to order one from the USA to get it at the price i mentioned, but you may be hit up for import tax ?

Still:) even f you have to pay 80quid like me and Mr Fish and Rob, i cannot fault them.
Sorry again lads:whistling:

Fed...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Princeto...498211&hash=item2cdb39a6e7:g:LtAAAOSwmSdaXkk3

Reactions: ebo

·
Registered
395 Posts
Seems like i was talking boolex chaps, you would have to order one from the USA to get it at the price i mentioned, but you may be hit up for import tax ?

Still:) even f you have to pay 80quid like me and Mr Fish and Rob, i cannot fault them.
Sorry again lads:whistling:

Fed...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Princeto...498211&hash=item2cdb39a6e7:g:LtAAAOSwmSdaXkk3
Yeah I was straight on evil bay and like you say fifty odd plus postage plus the possibility of import tax.

Luckily mine is still spot on, though as Mr Fish says, my strap has also lost a little elasticity but still plenty adjustable.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts