World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was working down that way so I took some rag and a couple of rods. My intention was to fish the evening tide at Ardwell into darkness.
I got finished earlier than planned (at Newton Stewart) so I gave it a go at the layby at Creetown - had 5 small flounders and missed a few bites :) got a bit fed up with the mud though :yucky:
Moved to Ardwell Bay and fished into darkness - when I arrived there were kids in swimming costumes splashing in the sea :blink:
Had 4 flounders and a doggie and missed some cracking bites (possibly that "occasional bass :) )
Had only fished Port Logan before but was pestered with small coalies - this seemed better and deeper only fished till 9 as I was getting a bit paranoid about being alone - if the car didnt start I would have had problems getting help etc
Will go back and give it a real go some night - maybe get that bass :)

·
Registered
797 Posts
had a small bass there earlyer on this year so they are there, i like fishing down there although as you say if the car didn't start it's a long walk to get help

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Another successful day Peter, you sure are getting around. Yourself and Andy better be getting your legs exercised as you are going to have a couple of long walks down here soon. What bait did you use at Creetown mate ?

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
Nothing worse than your car not starting & you're alone, no signal on the fone etc
Thats very similar to what happened to me and Davy Holt, right on the climb out of Glencoe...at the roadworks...got a flat tyre on the trailer....got the jack out, jacked it up...got the wheel key out...wouldnt fit....it was the one for the car!!!!! Tried the phone for the AA...no chance...:(

I had to walk a good few times, down the hill to the roadworks, and back up to the trailer.....after borrowing various spanners off the scaffolders....eventually, one threw me his toolbelt, and said, start on Monday !!!!! I knew them like like an old friend by then!!!! Still see them now and again, and give them a toot !!!! :):)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
nice session there peter :clap3: , yer fairly getting a reputation for them flounders now :notworthy :notworthy , need to get together sometime an get some of them bass down that way in the summer !!:clap3:

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some caught on dodgy left over lug from Saturday !!! but mainly on rag - no evidence of crabs.
The fish at Creetown were all pretty small but obviously bigger than some of Andys at Carsethorn !!!!!!!!!
At Ardwell the flatties just bigger than the size of my hand -- so not eaters !!!
Looking forward to the long walk - just hope someone tells the "occasional bass "
Peter

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Good report m8-Going after the flatties tommorow so your reports got me in the mood.
got fresh rag & whiterag + shellfish baits, so heres hoping.....:):)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Good report Peter, Nice to see you managed a mid-week session :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts