World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, Im going up to Cromer for a week and was wondering how its fishing?
Ive fished salthouse before and had a few schoolies, but was wondering if cromer pier fishes any good? if so what for? Ive got the wife and kids with me so thought i may be able to leave the wife to go shopping and fish the pier with the boys.

Any help you Guys have got would be great.

Regards Ryan.

·
Registered
842 Posts
i went last year towards the end of the summer, but it still shows how good it can fish there.

i went for a weekend and i caught a 7lb mullet(caught on a makerel fillet).

locals say to me, fish with a live makerel if possible, if not then a frozen one.

use a a running ledger and reasonable sized hooks as there were bass to 12lb coming out frequently when i went. (caught my mullet on 5/0 mustad power hooks) dunno how, but i did.

it was fishing better on an early morning hightide, fishing it up.

as you walk to the end of the peir where fishing is allowed, go one the left hand side. this is because you have to let the tidal flow take your bait under the pier as that s where all the fish are, just watch out for those metal pier structures as you enter and exit underneath the pier.

hope this has been of help, sorry if it is a bit hard to understand

james

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, me and my mate fished the Pier on Saturday. We had 6 Pout, 1 Bass and a Flounder, all undersize unfortunately. High tide was 17.45 and most bites started to come a couple of hours after high water right through to when we packed up at midnight. A couple of small Bass were the only other fish caught by the other anglers on the pier..

Just as we arrived we saw a guy playing a fish. As we approached his line twanged on the ironworks but the fish, a 7-8lb Bass, was visible just under the surface for a minute or two, before it disappeared back into the depths.

Take a look at Leader-Lines (www.leader-lines.com), the East Anglian based UK Sea Fishing site, for more info on Cromer and a whole lot more marks around the East Anglian and wider British coast.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys Ill give it a go and let you know how i go.

Ryan :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts