World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Does anyone know where to fish off of cromer pier, because i am planning to fish it soon sometime in the next to weeks and was wondering roughly where i should chuck my baits out to hopefully reap some rewards , does anyone know any other spots on the pier, and also how it have been fishing lately,

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Hi everyone

Does anyone know where to fish off of cromer pier, because i am planning to fish it soon sometime in the next to weeks and was wondering roughly where i should chuck my baits out to hopefully reap some rewards , does anyone know any other spots on the pier, and also how it have been fishing lately,
ive just been reading a artical on cromer pier total sea fishing 2001 september time they was fishing for bass at the top on the left hand side thats the only spot they mention

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi everyone

Make sure you take plenty of gear with you especially if you fish right hand side it can be snag city!
A few years back i saw someone have 2 double figure bass off the left hand side they were fishing mackeral flapper and dropping it down next to the pier legs exactly at the point where the pier widens.
We used to fish a simple running ledger with flapper bait lower it down till lead hits bottom then give it some line (only a little) to let the current take the bait under the pier itself.
Ive fished it loads of times in the past and lost alot of gear crabs and even lobsters can be a nuisance have managed to get a few lobsters in tho especially by the lifeboat station at the end.
If fishing for the big bass set your clutch and stay close to your rod or strap it down and make sure you take a drop net with you.
Also best to fish night time better for the bass and as it can get very busy in the day just be carefull friday and saturday nights used to get loads of **** heads coming out of the clubs and cause a bit of a nuisance. Gud luck let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
its no good fishing under the pier this time of year and you wont get any bass there for some time yet, if you want to try for codling you need to fish near to the snags on the top right hand side and cast out to the right of the boys but don't go to the left of them or you will loose you gear, there are plenty of flatties if you fish on the right hand side close in opposite the double fire exit doors or on the same side and cast next to the end of the groin as there is a good hole there that holds the fish, there are still some w-ting about and lots of slugs but you need not worry
about lobster or crabs as the water is still to cold for them to be about in number, hope this helps and good luck

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
V,
you'll be fising a big tide over low water so not the best time,,,allways a chance ,,in it to win it,,,its just would be a long way down ( bottom) of the places i'd choose...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will be from 22:00 to 6 am. which side pier to fish better? I have only black frozen lug and squid Is it a good bait at the pier?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Some good advice there and from locals judging by some of the names of features like the tongue being given. All i can add is that the bed changes a fair bit round the pier,one day marl another day that same patch may be sand,sure you get patches that will always stay rough like mini versions of the large marl reef known as the tongue ,but the rest is changeable according to tide and weather ,one trick you can do is arrive a couple of hours early armed with a reel loaded with heavy mono 60 to 80lb breaking strain should do [not braid could cause problems] some old leads no grippers,the more tapered ones are better as pear or bomb tpes get wedged easier no rough edges on the lead, tie with a simple blood knot so if you do find it gets to wedged the knot will strangulate its self ,tie it direct to the main line and have a cast around feeling the bottom to get a idea of the ground,keep a tight line all the time and with a bit of practice you can even feel when it rolls down in to holes or gullies.

·
Registered
66 Posts
every chance bud,fish have been coming off the pier ,just no ones posting about them,i witnessed 3 polish or lithuanian guys hauling up what looked to be a 1 to 2 pounder[codling] just a couple of nights ago and judging by there plastic bag that was flapping and twitching they had more.I dont know why they want there fish to die from asphyxiation and go stiff with rigor mortis,when all it takes is one swift blow to the skull or even more simple a knife to the brain ,but hey we all operate in different ways .So yes there's a chance and if nothing happening its a 15min walk to the fishy looking mark under the light house,always good for a bite or two.

·
Registered
203 Posts
theres not alot coming off the pier at the mo, afew undersized codling around the 1-2lb mark the odd whitting or flattie but mainly slugs. gemini long wire leads usually keeps ya out of trouble on the left side of the pier.the east beach and overstrand were producing alot better codling upto about 3lb over the bigger tides.:cold:

·
Registered
66 Posts
There be a man who knows his a man who knows his marks,sea monsters is bang on the money 15mins down the road and you will have a better time ,get down early and suss those gullies

1 - 17 of 17 Posts