World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
15,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last the wind dropped off and we were able to get offshore to the spot where we were blown off of in the small boat last week.A slow start,well fast really if you like Dogfish,they really are beginning to be a pest,just like the small Bass are inshore.
As the tide started to flood the dogfish tailed off and Garry had the first roker.Not too much more then other than a couple of small Hounds.
Time for a move,not too far only a mile or so further to the West along the bank amongst a lot of wreckage.
First cast for me here saw the years first Tope,only a baby at around 5lb but at least these superb fish are on the move and the biggies should start to show on the next set of Neap Tides.Some better hounds on this mark and the roker were there in force too,this kept the older members of the party happy as they now had a good feed to take home!
All in all a decent days fishing,no records broken,just a nice haul of fish,great weather and great company too!

Vic looking happy with his first Roker of the day!

First Tope of the Year

Hound Dog!

Roker Roy in action!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Good day out again there Ron, would think Aquabell should have got out from Dingle today, it's calmed off quite a bit but they could still have had some swell today, it's been some damn rubbish weather for his trip over, I had some friends visiting for the last fortnight, we only managed one trip out last Tuesday, didn't even manage to get out into the bay, it just got worse after that!
Sean,

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Looks like a canny day out ron. I chose the wrong day to go out, yesterday it blew a hooly and today when i had work on it ws fine!:( Nice report and pics there though.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
well done ron, im out tomoz hopefully and if i do half aswell as you guys me and dad will be pleased.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Nice pics Ron, Looked a great day out.

Alan

15,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cracking boat been looking at them for a while but i think i would
still go down the shaft instead of leg road what about you if you had the choice..
also is it a little strange not being able to walk around the stern

Paul
I think Garry may go for a shaft drive if he bought another.The biggest fault was steering in the marina with no power on.Was like being on ice and really uncontrollable in any sort of breeze.It now has a bow thruster fitted and is a different boat.The old girl flys though! Top speeed around 35knts when the weather is right.
My friend has the Offshore 2000 on shaft with a yanmar 440,this is still a pig too steer with no power on,I suppose thats the price you pay for a fast boat with no keel!......But as I say,in the right weather they are a proper tool.
I thought it strange first of all not being able to walk around the stern,Id forgot about it until you mentioned it,to be honest you learn to live with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts