World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished crouch today from low tide up, 2 rods out 1 scratching with 3 hook rigs baited with just lug. which took 4 codling and 2 whiting fished roughly 50 to 70 yds out.
2nd rod 2 hook pulley pennel rig baited with herring, squid or combination of both fished 100 to 120 yds out with only 1 bite that was missed .

sun was shining bit blowy and great company so not a bad day was had, unfortunately still not got my first ray. this was at secret spot, you know where it is Ian lmao :p

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
fished crouch today from low tide up, 2 rods out 1 scratching with 3 hook rigs baited with just lug. which took 4 codling and 2 whiting fished roughly 50 to 70 yds out.
2nd rod 2 hook pulley pennel rig baited with herring, squid or combination of both fished 100 to 120 yds out with only 1 bite that was missed .

sun was shining bit blowy and great company so not a bad day was had, unfortunately still not got my first ray. this was at secret spot, you know where it is Ian lmao :p
give it time mate april 29th then its all systems go

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I passed you on the way out, we had codling (small) and roker at the mouth of the crouch.
Hi Dave , how did you get there , did you park at holliwell farm then walk down to steps then all the way to the left . How far is it that way as in minutes walk . And well done mate

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Good effort and I agree it wont be long before they're in the shallows. The blossom on the cherry tree in my back garden is starting to open which is a sure sign of good things to come.

Boat back in on Sunday!

·
Registered
11,355 Posts
Ive mentioned on here many times about how close to the shore I used to see decent fish while snorkelling and believe most people cast well past most fish.
JonD

·
Registered
704 Posts
Ive mentioned on here many times about how close to the shore I used to see decent fish while snorkelling and believe most people cast well past most fish.
JonD
In the Crouch or in general?

The Crouch strikes me as a bit muddy for snorkelling....

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have caught them about 20 ft off the bank, with the boat just about afloat.
They move in closer on the big tides to get out of the current.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts