World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum, any one have any info on Croyde Beach.
Friends of mine are surfing there next week and as the closest I go to extreme sports is binoculars just wondered what the chances of fishing off the either side of the beach, the rocks, where hopefully I wont catch my PB surfer. Is it possible and what am I likely to catch ?

Regards. Jarvis

·
Registered
154 Posts
both sides fish well, bass are around and possibly rays on low tide (main beach as the tide comes in). sandeel, squid or peeler, simple running rigs and dont cast too far!

like any rock mark, check your route back....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information frothey, you have answered my question with good information which will make my life a little easier when I get there, in 4 or 5 days.

Thanks to Jimaaaargh also for telling me how to use the forum search ..... I already had and there is just one post, a good informative one, from Mr Thrussey which tells me all about the beach and baits, etc, dated 2006, alas, nothing about the rocks at the sides, which was my question, as i wanted to avoid the beach whilst surfers are present.

I use the forum to either report my own trips or inquire for up-to-date information ..... I always try to add something positive to the conversation.

Local members willing to help can always add much more than a quick google or search ..... which can often be a little out of date.

Regards. Jarvis.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Last time i went to Croyde i almost ended up with the Fish....that tide can be dodgy and i got caught on the surf board ....very scary at the time to be honest just bobbed up and down on the wave and i was only going one way...so tell your mates to be careful

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Last time i went to Croyde i almost ended up with the Fish....that tide can be dodgy and i got caught on the surf board ....very scary at the time to be honest just bobbed up and down on the wave and i was only going one way...so tell your mates to be careful
Croyde is one of britains best surf beaches but is rated for EXPERIENCED surfers only due to rips and strong undertows.

as for fishing your best bet is at night as the beach will be packed during daylight and any self respecting fish will be miles away! fish 2 down and 3 up for ray or bass with sandeel as bait. lugworm will see you have fun with the schoolie bass (any state of tide) and if you can get hold of some peeler crab then you will also be in with a chance of a hound or two. the most productive area is downend the braunton end of croyde beach. running ledger and pennel rigs seem to do well

·
Registered
781 Posts
Thanks to Jimaaaargh also for telling me how to use the forum search ..... I already had and there is just one post, a good informative one, from Mr Thrussey which tells me all about the beach and baits, etc, dated 2006, alas, nothing about the rocks at the sides,
Funny that mate I used the search, typed in Croyde and up came load of them. Heres the link to them just incase you **** up your search again.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1670059

Jimaaaargh was only trying to help you.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The idea is to search this forum, not google, I`ve just typed in Croyde and there is loads of stuff.We have just had a recent discussion on both ends of Croyde...Take a look, dude.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Croyde is one of britains best surf beaches but is rated for EXPERIENCED surfers only due to rips and strong undertows.
low tide can be pretty hard core (have had bad experiences, but keep going back for more!) but it mellows out a bit from half tide up. Would rather surf saunton to miss the insane crowds though, 5 min walk up the beach and you can have it to yourself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes indeed, I was using the wrong search button!

Thanks to everyone for their advice and help.
Just packing my gear now and should be hitting the water early Monday morning if all goes to plan.

Regards. Jarvis.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts