World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i nipped out again today, to try and master my mullet technique and i only went and caught, not just more mullet, but a golden grey at that, and a smelt/sandsmelt......See http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193585 for todays report:1a::1a::1a:

YIPPEE taget for 2009 was 26. 2 species...... First day of August and I have reached my target:1a::1a:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
really really well done lyn!

ambition achived so early in the season, i recon you'll go on to catch 35+ this year.

if only i had your fishing talents, but then i'm only a man. (can i borrow some feromones?)

·
Registered
24,896 Posts
Welldone lynie,you seem to winkle a few fish out!!!!!:victory::victory::victory:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oops i HAVEN'T quite made it lol What I thought to be a golden grey apparently is a thick lipped.....never mind i'll keep going! lol

thanks david,for helping me identify, oh don't you just hate mullet lol they are hard to catch , then when you do they disguise themselves as something else lol:crazy::hammer:

SO LOOKS LIKE I AM STILL ON THE HUNT FOR MY 26th species:victory::hammer:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if only i had your fishing talents, but then i'm only a man. (can i borrow some feromones?)
I think its more sheer determination than skill my flower:crazy::bounce:....think of a species, read up on it, ask for help then just go and try to catch them! and most of all ENJOY what you are doing!

·
Registered
24,896 Posts
I think its more sheer determination than skill my flower:crazy::bounce:....think of a species, read up on it, ask for help then just go and try to catch them! and most of all ENJOY what you are doing!
LOL I went mulleting with the sunfishes once,my patience didnt last long so i went wrassing instead:victory::victory::victory: Aj reminds me about my mullet "patience" at times! LOL:laugh:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah they are very frustrating lol but great once you hook one....i've only had little ones so far (but only fished for them twice!) but i can imagine a big one would be ace fun, fiesty little devils

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
well done lyn....the micro species are the best way to get variety...

next year try getting the species target seperated...all shore or all boat, mine have been all shore so far and im on 23 (i think?) so it is hard going...

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Well done lynnie,i new you would do it.:clap::clap::clap::thumbs:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well done lynnie,i new you would do it.:clap::clap::clap::thumbs:
haven't done it yet:whistling:doh: my golden grey looks like it was a thick lip:doh: bugga! lol i'll keep going:drunk:

·
Registered
24,896 Posts
haven't done it yet:whistling:doh: my golden grey looks like it was a thick lip:doh: bugga! lol i'll keep going:drunk:
Keep trying lynie,golden greys are occasionally caught(or used to be) on a harbour youve fished in the past.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well done Lynnie! Hey we said you'd get "hooked" on this mulleting malarkey lol:clap:
god aren't i just!!!:fishing1::thumbs: lol How did you get on yesterday, at the garfish mark?:secret:

I would have come with you, but back was a little delicate:nonono: thought the walk might make it worse:sad2:. will def go out with you both one night this week if you are going...but not wed. cos its a certain persons b'day:whistling:thumbs: and i think i may be going out with some m8's lol:drunk: lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts