World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. I'm currently planning my first fishing trip abroard - to Cuba. We're going for a week & planning to go for 4 boat charters with 3 days beach fishing. Am thinking of taking some travel rods for the beach fishing - possibly a spinning rod (for bonefish) & a beach rod. Would appreciate some advice as to what rod to get & reels to match. Also any advice re lures etc would be apprecaited. Cheers, coolerking

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Hi coolerking

There was an epic post from a member named Zagman who left plenty of tips for Cuba. He unfortunately did not find any of the big fish he was looking for. This post unfortunately got lost recently on the website - but if you want to PM me your fax number I can send it to you (I luckily printed off a copy before the post got lost.

It is two pages long, with plenty of tips on fishing from the beach for the smaller species. I am going in July, so I was using Zagman's post myself.

Also, try Cubamania.com and do a forum search for fishing - there is a couple of hundred posts on there on fishing if you find them all. I would have put a link in, but the cubamania site seems to be broken at the moment.

Successful fishing in Cuba seems to be dependent on where you are.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for this. I'm working "nights" tonight & tomorrow night (19.00hrs to 07.00am) so if you send a fax could it be between these hours please. The fax number is 0151-290-7737. Thanks again for all the help & advice, coolerking (Steve)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Coolerking

I will try scanning it and emailing it first (as I don't have access to a fax machine at night)

I see your email is listed in your profile, so I will try that first. I will do it tonight. Let me know if you receive it ok - failing that I will get it faxed somehow.

Should the fax just be addressed to "Steve" then?

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi I work for Telewest Broadband on a 4day shift system I work 2 x 12hr days followed by 2 x 12hr nights - then 4 days off. This is my last "night", & I'm back in work on Tues 26th April on "days". So if you need to fax the info could you do it on the 26th or 27th April. Believe it or not - my real name is Steve McQueen (hence the handle of "coolerking" taken from Steve McQueen's classic film: "The Great Escape".) My mother's got a lot to answer for - and one of them is naming me that. Cheers. coolerking (Steve McQueen)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Steve

Email with PDF document attached has been sent. Let me know if you can open it ok. If not, shout and I will fax it.

Cheers

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts