World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a poor start things livened up around lunchtime,it seemed to coincide with the sun coming out,up until then it was bloody freezing.Five of us were on board Ross Staplehursts boat "Albatross"and were targetting Black Bream,we finished the day with around fifty,of which 45 were returned,along with two 7 - 9lb Smuts,a nice Spotted Ray up around the 5lb mark,a Thornback around 8 - 9lbs,numerous LSD,s,and one Garfish..........oh,and lots of Mackerel.I had two of the latter filleted and grilled with new potatoes and a side salad no more than three hours after going in my Ice Box.....in my honest opinion eating doesnt get an awful lot better,all in all not a bad days fishing,still a little early and it reflected in the general size of the Bream although Ross has already had a couple of 4 pounders on board this year on Saturday the biggest fish were only nudging the two pound mark,still good fun on light gear

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
After a poor start things livened up around lunchtime,it seemed to coincide with the sun coming out,up until then it was bloody freezing.Five of us were on board Ross Staplehursts boat "Albatross"and were targetting Black Bream,we finished the day with around fifty,of which 45 were returned,along with two 7 - 9lb Smuts,a nice Spotted Ray up around the 5lb mark,a Thornback around 8 - 9lbs,numerous LSD,s,and one Garfish..........oh,and lots of Mackerel.I had two of the latter filleted and grilled with new potatoes and a side salad no more than three hours after going in my Ice Box.....in my honest opinion eating doesnt get an awful lot better,all in all not a bad days fishing,still a little early and it reflected in the general size of the Bream although Ross has already had a couple of 4 pounders on board this year on Saturday the biggest fish were only nudging the two pound mark,still good fun on light gear
sounds like you had a good day snoopy well done m8

1 - 2 of 2 Posts