World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All Has Anyone Tried Cuttlefish For Bait And If So How Did You Fish It And What Did You Catch??????

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,629 Posts
i have used it before and caught dogfish, whiting, pouting, conger on it using it different ways in big chunks on pennels or in strips on flappers.....
good bait........ well worth a go, just a bit messy though.........

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Mate Just Been Reading A Diffrent Forum,they Said It Was Good For Hounds?? Cant Wait To Get Down Aberthaw!!!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanx Mate Just Been Reading A Diffrent Forum,they Said It Was Good For Hounds?? Cant Wait To Get Down Aberthaw!!!!!
I would forget cuttlefish for hounds as you will pick up conger after conger some good sizes to. crab is the best here with rag & squid as a back up bait.

charlie.....

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
well worth a go, just a bit messy though.........
that has to be the understatement of the year so far, they are VERY MESSY surely the dirtiest and smelliest bait you will ever use. it took days for the black stains to wash off my hands.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
hi butty i fish with it quite often when i'm fishing with my club i have had a good size congers with it i had a 26lb with it on a boat last week and a few strap congers last night the doggies love it two i leave it out longer than any other bait
tight lines

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
hi m8 yup very messy bait but hey so`s crab lug squid.......

i have used it in the past and caught several species on it but it took a week just to get rid of the smell ... if you use it be sure to take some surgical gloves and ave a good sesh tight lines

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Lads Iv Heard Its Messy Is It Worth Getting My Rod,reel And Me Covered?????? Oh Yes Bring It On!!!!!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
we,ve had afew decent bass on cuttle the best 8lb, all of these have been caught at the time they get washed up on the shore which is NOW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts