World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well lads we are here at last after gales in the greek islands italy and rhodes got some pics to put up. saw whales dolphins turtles flying fish allsorts. the boat was a dream even steaming in a nw 9 for 6hours one of the crew had a 10kg albecore he also had a big fish took nearly a whole spool of line before it snapped him up the one that got away lol .

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Where abouts are you in Cyprus mate.

Im off to Neo Chorio in 4 weeks about 5 mins from Latsi/Polis up on the
north west peninsular.....not much in the way of deep sea fishing from the harbour......come to think of it.....bugger all along the coast either
unless you count buckets of 3oz fish going home for the locals fish stew..........:doh:

Good luck on your ventures fella..........

Gazza

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
he also had a big fish took nearly a whole spool of line before it snapped him up the one that got away lol .
Possibly a Bluefin Tuna? I know it seems to run against conventional wisdom but once there's more than a 100 yards of line out you really need to be easing back on the reel's drag, especially with 'lighter' lines. Just its resistance being dragged through the water can cause a line to pop.

If there is a 'saving grace' for members of the Tuna family they spook and close both their mouths and gills once hooked and, eventually, with the build up of acids in their muscles will stop. That's the theory! I've only once seen a Bluefin, in the Canaries, empty a spool of 130.
Dave

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where abouts are you in Cyprus mate.

Im off to Neo Chorio in 4 weeks about 5 mins from Latsi/Polis up on the
north west peninsular.....not much in the way of deep sea fishing from the harbour......come to think of it.....bugger all along the coast either
unless you count buckets of 3oz fish going home for the locals fish stew..........:doh:

Good luck on your ventures fella..........

Gazza
boats in latsi at the mo plenty of tuna round at pafos you cant miss the boat here is a pic we have been getting 5 or 6 fish an evening between 7 and 15 kg but not had the anglers to go off shore will send pics later

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Im gonna try and link up with an X pat from the Isle of wight who
resides in Pathos.....dunno if I/we can swing a trip out when there
in sep.....wos the going rate for an evenings session with tackle.
I might mail him and see if hes up for it....woss the boats name.

cheers

Gazza

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im gonna try and link up with an X pat from the Isle of wight who
resides in Pathos.....dunno if I/we can swing a trip out when there
in sep.....wos the going rate for an evenings session with tackle.
I might mail him and see if hes up for it....woss the boats name.

cheers

Gazza
evening star is the boats name about 65 euros with tackle and bait thats for tuna

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I have mailed a friend that lives/works in Pathos and asked him to come down to the harbour and come and see your boat.

Iva crappy back so aint to sure if lumpy conditions will see me jumping
aboard not unless its calm.......

you mention not too many punters go out in the eve,,,,,,,,
is it worth your while if only 2 of us went anyway.

Gazza

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have mailed a friend that lives/works in Pathos and asked him to come down to the harbour and come and see your boat.

Iva crappy back so aint to sure if lumpy conditions will see me jumping
aboard not unless its calm.......

you mention not too many punters go out in the eve,,,,,,,,
is it worth your while if only 2 of us went anyway.

Gazza
here is a couple of pics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts