World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going on hols on weds to lanarca cyprus, cant face the whole week not fishing! anyone been there and what can i fish for ? looked all over the net and they get bass and giltheads. if anyones been anywhere close and has any info i would be very gratefull.i.e do i take tackle or can it be bought there? thanks in advance

·
Registered
183 Posts
going on hols on weds to lanarca cyprus, cant face the whole week not fishing! anyone been there and what can i fish for ? looked all over the net and they get bass and giltheads. if anyones been anywhere close and has any info i would be very gratefull.i.e do i take tackle or can it be bought there? thanks in advance
Hi mate, I can help for you, was stationed out there whilst in the army,you can fish just down the road from the power station just outside, take a 10ft rod and 6lb line, buy yourself some tie to nylon hooks size 14/16 some light wieghts (small shot) and a small float, bait you have to catch yourself(small shrimps) with a small kids net (1-2euros) from any shop from the sea front ,any old meat left over from breakfast (bacon) you can catch **** loads this way,just watch for shrimps to gather and swoop up, woola! pick yourself any rocky outcrop you`ell catch, you can sell anything you catch to the local taverns, remember £36 a Kilo, and anything over 3 1/2 inch for mezes, this price was as at 2007, probably more now, fresh fish costs a bomb over there mate, they love it and will take your hand off for any fish you have,remember to haggle but you won`t be disappointed........... they eat everthing, bones, guts the lot, so no need to gut and wash etc..

You could even try and catch octopus, they`re lovely to eat on the bbq
on the beach when the sun`s going down.... enjoy your holiday mate

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
was put there 3 yrs ago in paphos fished the rocks along the coast and caught most of my fish on squid or lures had between 2 and 7 bass every day(2-5lb) and giltheads were sometimes suicidal kept some giltheads for lunch and kept 1 bass a day and this paid for my evening meal and drinks all night ...just go into bars /rests show them your fish and they will drag you in and treat you like a king

hope you have a great(and cheap)holiday

jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts