World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fished the pier at Burnmouth with out much success.I believe the area you are talking about are the cliffs directly to the north of Burnmouth. I have had decent catches on the boat in this area but as shore fishing goes it is rarely fished due to accesibility if you could find away down i am sure you would catch.Give it a go and good luck. i would love to know your results.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah, the harbour is very hit and miss. It was where I learned to fish, though, so I have a soft spot for it. On a good day you can still pull out as many 1lb coalies as anyone could want, with the odd flattie, wrasse, shanny, crabs aplenty, and the very occasional codling.

I'm going up in a week's time, and will give the area to the North a bash. It does involve a lot of climbing - I've clambered about there many times, but this will be my first attempt at fishing it. I'm going to concentrate on spinning for pollack, and maybe macky, while having a bait rod thrown out in the hope of codling. I'll definitely post my results on here in a couple of weeks, but bear in mind that I'm more or less a novice, so any reports may not accurately reflect what could be done by an experienced angler.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts