World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a match today read about Dais bass. Don't watch the video if you are easily offended. :busted_co Here

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Fished a match today read about Dais bass here. €Don't watch the video if you are easily offended. :busted_co Here
well done mate on returning the bass,top fishing there nice to see the bar swim off into the waves to hopefully breed again!!:punk: that bass was probibily 15-20 years old:wheelchai nice too see them about

·
Registered
89 Posts
absolute cracker. Does swansea bay throw up many decent bass?

·
Registered
380 Posts
that is by far the biggest fish i've seen (or heard of) come out of swansea bay! great catch dai well done:1a:

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Cracking fish, I would do a crocodile Dundee impression to secure a fish like that two

·
Registered
884 Posts
AWESOME VIEWING, Great to see a specimen fish going back,
And still packed with so much energy left swimming away, Must have given a good account for him self,
CONGRATULATIONS DIA, TOP MAN ON THE RELEASE!,
Will get you a pint if i meet you :drunk::drunk::drunk:

RESPECT.

c.t.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congratulations on that cracking catch. And its so good to see the fish released, although I wouldn't have whined if you had of taken her. (we all deserve one now and again, especially if you practise catch and release.)

By the way, how do you tell if the fish is a male or female?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very well done Dai on returnig that beautiful Bass,they are not the best of eating when they get to that size, the 3or4lb fish are the best for the table,once again I take my hat off to a true angler. Billy Furnish.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
:notworthy Well done mate :notworthy

·
Registered
219 Posts
i would like to thank IAN for putting up this thread .thanks mate .and thank you all for your comments .i would like to just say what a feeling to catch and hold a fish of that size .to me its a fish of a life time and a p.b. can only dream of catching another one .thanks again DAI

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It used to m8 but it's been commercially over exploited for many years. Trawlers smashed up the place with their rockhopping gear and there a gill netter who has nets on all the good bass runs.

By the way, how do you tell if the fish is a male or female?
I was under the impression that all big bass are female. I don't know if that is for definite though.

i would like to thank IAN for putting up this thread .thanks mate
I was proud to mate. You made my season yesterday and i'm proud to call you a mate. A little bit of me wishes it was me that caught her mind :sneaky2:

·
Registered
225 Posts
awsome fish there m8 and take my hat off to you on realeasing her, top marks and fair play:clap3::notworthy

·
Registered
421 Posts
What a catch...fish of a life time. A true sportsman returning a specimen like that. An angler who truly respects his sport and other anglers too. You should be proud of yourself.

Once again brilliant!!!

Cheers

Martin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts