World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi boys got a problem with my reel now and again wen i push the clutch button in and cast out everything is ok but wen the clutch engages and you wind to retrieve the spool starts to slip anyone got any ideas wat this could be tried emailing daiwa a few times but they dont respond last time i buy a daiwa going to try penns next would be greatfull for any help cheers dai. ps reel is only six months old and only used 5 times :schmoll: :schmoll:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
hi boys got a problem with my reel now and again wen i push the clutch button in and cast out everything is ok but wen the clutch engages and you wind to retrieve the spool starts to slip anyone got any ideas wat this could be tried emailing daiwa a few times but they dont respond last time i buy a daiwa going to try penns next would be greatfull for any help cheers dai. ps reel is only six months old and only used 5 times :schmoll: :schmoll:
I used to use the old 7ht reels m8 and they used to have the same problem where the button used to appear to come out and re-engage the gears but the slider mechanism inside used to stick to the dried up grease inside the side plate so I used to just clean out the old grease and put a smear of thin grease or thick oil and Bobs yr uncle, fanny,s yr aunt and dicks yr best freind :) :) :)

Unless daiwa have changed things I suspect that is all the problem is good luck
P.S. excuse the rambling but my head is still swimming from last night must have been something I ate :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :headhurt:

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
i tend to agree with yatoes :) just give a good clean and check the paul device (anti reverse lever) :blink: if it`s still slipping then make sure the spool is sat correctly in it`s mountings that`ll cure the prob :clap3:

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
hi dai i had similiar probs with my old millionair and never cured it that said i just gave up and bought a elite and a slosh strange this cos they are a very good reel someone will know here for sure take care m8 i'll pm you soon about that sesh with blank_erman tightlines andy ilsf..

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Hi daiwint gave the rel doctor a call here is hes site mate WWW.REEL-DOCTOR CO.UK/HOME PAGE.HTML see what he as to say tight lines

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all your help boys but guess wat daiwa have emailed me back . theyve told me to return the reel to them and will get there reel technician to have a look at it and then let me no the problem will keep you updated on the result and to see how much they charge me cheers dai

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
thanks for all your help boys but guess wat daiwa have emailed me back . theyve told me to return the reel to them and will get there reel technician to have a look at it and then let me no the problem will keep you updated on the result and to see how much they charge me cheers dai
hi m8 you still on for a sesh with blank_king on the 10th may?he fancies going for some doggies maybe mumbles pier for them eh?let me know andy ilsf..

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi just got my reel back off daiwa must have been a big problem with it cause i just opened the parcel and there staring my in the face was a brand new reel so all i can say please dont fcuk up on me again and thank you daiwa for a fast service didnt even charge me postage tight lines dai

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
hi just got my reel back off daiwa must have been a big problem with it cause i just opened the parcel and there staring my in the face was a brand new reel so all i can say please dont fcuk up on me again and thank you daiwa for a fast service didnt even charge me postage tight lines dai
well done daiwa about time too dai break it in down chesil eh?tightlines andy ilsf..

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i will andy looking forward to it talking to a guy down there recons the smooth hounds are showing in force down there so fingers crossed will pm u wen i get back tight lines m8 :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
i got a 7ht turbo hell of a reel smooth as silk to cast but makes a whining noise reeling in with a fish on ....... my mate took one of his back cause of the noise ...... was swapped there and then but still makes that noise ......... but no probs with the clutch .............. j

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
i got a 7ht turbo hell of a reel smooth as silk to cast but makes a whining noise reeling in with a fish on ....... my mate took one of his back cause of the noise ...... was swapped there and then but still makes that noise ......... but no probs with the clutch .............. j
i used my new 7ht turbo for the 1st time last sat night, i cleaned out the factory oil and re-lubed with red rocket fuel beforehand. all i can say is what a reel ! casts smooth as silk, no sign of a fluff up, and lovely and quiet all the way on the retrieve. so try re-lubeing the spool bearings this might help A

·
Registered
965 Posts
Stick to Penn and Shimano m8, they last for years, especially the Shimanos, cost a bit more but last forever.

Penns customer service is absolutly excellent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts