World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry that I did not get the info on my Daiwa 7HT, as I had to go out of town for a short while. Now I'm back and have my parts list in front of me. I was trying to find out if the 7HT has a gear ratio of 6.1-1, mine is 5.1,2-1. If there is a higher ratio can one of you guys contact Daiwa U.K. and get the parts for me? I can do Pay Pal or a check. The part # are 1. DRIVE GEAR- 6-413-8802 and PINION GEAR- 6-B34-0001. I got mine new in the box about 3 months ago, and the ones I see for sale (on Ebay) say their ratio is 6.1-1, mine measures at 5.1 or .2 -1. Daiwa will not reply to my pleadings.
Thanks
longcaster

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Perhaps it is not a bad idea to sell the one you have on Ebay or something, and buy another one with the retrieve that you want.

Have you tried this guy (link below) for what you need, he does stock Daiwa conversions for some reels, and seems to stock a huge range of Daiwa stuff as well as others.

http://www.digitaldagger.com/

Click on the daiwa reels link. He also sells on Ebay, so you can sometimes get a bargain.

The good news for you is that he is in the US, so postage could be far cheaper.

Good luck

(I got a Penn 525 mag from him, and got good service).

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No U.S. tackle suppliers carry this reel. Who would be the best to contact over there to get another one? I will take the advise and get another one with the higher speed retrieve.
longcaster

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
http://www.veals.co.uk/acatalog/Veals_Catalogue_Daiwa_6.html

Note, this tackle shop is considered the most reliable mail order company in the UK, and they do sell internationally.

However, look at their description for a 7HT - it also has a 5.3:1 retrieve. So I called them up - he says he has only ever heard of 5.3:1 on a 7HT.

If you want a 6.1:1 then you need to go for the SL20SH or the SL-X20-SHV

The SL20SH is considered an excellent reel by many users here. Personally, I use Penn 525 mags.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts