World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, bought a Kenzaki 30-50 Rod at the end of last season and previously had a Fladden rod rated 20-30. The Kenzaki ,whilst a lovely rod seems to be no stiffer than the Fladden. As i bought from Veals, i had not previously tried the Rod and was surprised at the action. Perhaps i am missing something? Any comments other than i should have looked at the Rod first!! Just feel that i may need something a bit stiffer over Wrecks.

Cheers. Bob.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi Guys, bought a Kenzaki 30-50 Rod at the end of last season and previously had a Fladden rod rated 20-30. The Kenzaki ,whilst a lovely rod seems to be no stiffer than the Fladden. As i bought from Veals, i had not previously tried the Rod and was surprised at the action. Perhaps i am missing something? Any comments other than i should have looked at the Rod first!! Just feel that i may need something a bit stiffer over Wrecks.

Cheers. Bob.
Can I ask why you feel the need for a much stiffer wrecking rod, Bob? The 30/50 Kenzaki was intended for use with braid and designed to deliver a comlpliant/sporting tip action whilst packing bags of lower grunt in order to force the issue on fish when necessary. Very stiff rods and braid are not the best marriage; espcially if the angler is unused to a braid main line. If you are targeting bigger wreck eels or using leads of 2 lb plus, then you might want to look at the Team Daiwa TDXB3050 which is considerably stiffer. Can't comment on the F..FF..F..Fladen things!

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Moved to Tackle forum. (Can i ask that you post in the correct forum...thanks :)

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply mate, was just a bit concerned that with the action in the tip section i might not get fast enough reaction at the lead end to avoid snagging the Wreck. To be fair, i have only used the Rod Twice to date and have little Wrecking experience.

Cheers. Bob.

Can I ask why you feel the need for a much stiffer wrecking rod, Bob? The 30/50 Kenzaki was intended for use with braid and designed to deliver a comlpliant/sporting tip action whilst packing bags of lower grunt in order to force the issue on fish when necessary. Very stiff rods and braid are not the best marriage; espcially if the angler is unused to a braid main line. If you are targeting bigger wreck eels or using leads of 2 lb plus, then you might want to look at the Team Daiwa TDXB3050 which is considerably stiffer. Can't comment on the F..FF..F..Fladen things!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts