World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#0000FF'>I myself own a set of these fabulous reels. They are probably one of the best long standing casting multipliers ever concieved. I bought my first about 9 years ago and apart from replacing the handle the reel has given me almost 100% reliability. Such a magnificantly robust piece of equiptment that requires very little maintainance.

If any one was to ask me what multiplier would I suggest for all round performance and value for money I would have no hesitation in recommending one of these.

These reels have stood the test of time and as an overall rating I would give 9/10.</font>

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Couldn&#39;t agree more. Had 3 over the years and never let me down. Beautiful, docile, smooth casting reels. I can understand the advantages of mag reels but, as they say, "if it ain&#39;t broke, don&#39;t fix it&#33;"</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
<font color='#000080'>i&#39;ve been using a 7HT and a Diawa ST-XS 13ft. for about a year, this was my first experience of multipliers. It is a pleasant way to fish and the rod feels light with such a small reel on it, there is also some pleasure gained from a well hit cast making the reel buzz. However I cannot cast further with this combo than I can with my trusty fixed spool outfits.

The 7HT has been trouble free all the time tho&#39; and I fish at least twice a week year round. It is definately a well made piece of kit.
</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts