World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Servicing a couple of these reels and internally they are different and there is a small spring missing in one and it's not in the other one. Daiwa has no spares because the reels are "obsolete", any idea where I can obtain parts for these reels as they are perfect otherwise? I've used my usual contact but no joy. :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am soon to do a minor service and change the line on mine.
Which spring is missing ? Do you have a part number ?
I am interested to see if my reel has this spring.
Maybe that particular spring, with the same part number, is used in a current reel and therefore available
That will give you an enjoyable couple of hours checking through many reel schematics to find a match
or me if I am particularly bored.

·
Registered
19,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am soon to do a minor service and change the line on mine.
Which spring is missing ? Do you have a part number ?
I am interested to see if my reel has this spring.
Maybe that particular spring, with the same part number, is used in a current reel and therefore available
That will give you an enjoyable couple of hours checking through many reel schematics to find a match
or me if I am particularly bored.
;) There's no. 43 which is part no.E65-5501 spring A and 47 F93-5201 spring B. spring A. 43 is in one reel and not in the other. You could be right but Daiwa spares just look at a screen for that reel, nowhere else although we all know that the same part could be under another reel but the same, or different part no. :(

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
;) There's no. 43 which is part no.E65-5501 spring A and 47 F93-5201 spring B. spring A. 43 is in one reel and not in the other. You could be right but Daiwa spares just look at a screen for that reel, nowhere else although we all know that the same part could be under another reel but the same, or different part no. :(
They will have just searched on the part number to see it is no longer available. Nobody is going to have time to go searching through every schematic to try to see if there is something else suitable ... not that a schematic will really give much of a clue.

Why don't you have a measure up and just get a spring in ... they are available by the bucket load on the net.

·
Registered
19,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They will have just searched on the part number to see it is no longer available. Nobody is going to have time to go searching through every schematic to try to see if there is something else suitable ... not that a schematic will really give much of a clue.

Why don't you have a measure up and just get a spring in ... they are available by the bucket load on the net.
:) I know where to get bearings but not springs, although I do have "a stock of bits and pieces" from my old reel repair days where I find "handy bits". I'm sure Penn used to have a cross reference chart for bits as lots of Penn parts fit different reels. I've got parts from them from when I had old Senators and Mariners etc, 40+ years old, I doubt if that will continue now they are under different owners. :(

·
Registered
19,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All you need is google and the use of email.
:) Thanks but I never thought of googling "springs". I googled the reel and got loads of responses but no help with the parts. I used to service/repair reels for a couple of shops in Portsmouth but they have since gone so I service reels for a couple of mates but nobody stocks spares any more so by the time the reel is posted to Daiwa/ABU/Shimano/Blakdog etc for a service it's a lot of money just for a drop of oil or a spring which could be done locally, if spares were available. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts