World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well bought a daiwa slosh 20 a while ago and never used it as i have no experiance with multipliers at all always been a fs guy but i fancy a change and love a challenge :)

So anyway i was outfishing last monday and at the bottom of my bag was the slosh 20 so i though why not give it a go..

So i cast out 2 or 3 times not to much force just to get a feel of things and all was fine so i started adding a bit more force behind the rod and bang i was into my very first (birds nest) ARGH!!

So i came back took the side plate off and it has the 2 little red brake blocks inside well im thinking i may need to slow things down a bit more so should i add say 2 white & + with the 2 red blocks already in there to slow this thing down then maybe take one off each time i gwt more confident with it lol

Another thing is setting all the little levers and nobs up whats the correct way to set it up properly so its not to fast

Any replies apreciated.. Ash

Any hints tips tricks ect: would be a bonus

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Ash, The brake blocks are fine, in all honesty you should be able to remove one of the blocks easily, When the reel is fully assembled does the spool move from side to side? If so, use the spool tensioner in the centre of the reel just behind the handle and keep tightening it until the spool doesnt move. It SHOULD be ok after that

·
Registered
845 Posts
You should tighten the knob so you can see no movement but just feel a little movement holding the spool between your fingers. Over tighten and you may damage the spindle. The knob tension should not be used as brakes.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone think i might just need to put some hours in with the reel and get it setup so its right for me then go from there thanks for advice lads

1 - 5 of 5 Posts