World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen this rod listed in a few online shops, but not seen one in the flesh, or seen any user reviews.
Anyone got one? Any comments?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
The kenzaki boat rods are all cracking rods so I cant see a reason this wont be too all I can tell you as I don't own one but do own all the boat ones from 6lb to 50lb

·
Registered
101 Posts
I’ve got one and been out codding with it twice. The finish is excellent (as you’d expect) and the tip is just great and flexible enough not to dislodge the lead in a good swell using 60lb braid.

Brilliant rod for the money.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Feels a nice rod though for me not a uptider at all. the lighter version will be cracking on the hounds and bass but wouldn’t want to be casting big baits and leads with it all day

·
Registered
101 Posts
Feels a nice rod though for me not a uptider at all. the lighter version will be cracking on the hounds and bass but wouldn’t want to be casting big baits and leads with it all day
Have to disagree, I’ve been out with mine twice for 12 hour cod charters in the Mersey and used a 10oz fixed wire lead and big lug/squid pennels and it’s no more tiring than any other uptide rod.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I Would be use me TDU’s for that mate old but in my opinion dawia have never been able to better them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I Would be use me TDU’s for that mate old but in my opinion dawia have never been able to better them.
Well, now you’re talking, Amorphous Whiskers, currently going for around £250 or more on eBay.

TDZ is a good uptider but so is the Kenzaki and at 2 equal sections there’s a bit of portability going on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts