World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys recently bought 2 spools of the daiwa tournament line just loaded the 7ht with it now and every time i tighten a leader to the end its snapping has anyone had a problem with this line also do you thing i should send it back to daiwa and complain:thumbdown

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
hi guys recently bought 2 spools of the daiwa tournament line just loaded the 7ht with it now and every time i tighten a leader to the end its snapping has anyone had a problem with this line also do you thing i should send it back to daiwa and complain:thumbdown
Mmm, thats odd. Can you tell why - is the knot pinching/burning the line when you tighten it - and if so, is it doing it more than other lines youve used?

Could be the way you are tieing and tightening the knot? No disrespect if youve been tieing leaders for years - but seems most likely explanation.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Is that the yellow line with no stretch? My mate likes it, but it always seems to break when I tie his leader knot. He swears by it, but I don't like the no stretch thing.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its snapping 3 or 4 inches from knot im not even pulling the knot that hard to it tighten up.i usually use sensor or penn line first time ive used this stuff will be the last by the look of it.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
ive found it too be an excellent mono, ive not had any problems with mine as yet.

bit expensive though at around 11.99 / spool. ouch.

Alec: if its the same line i have, it still stretches. ( but not loads like some cheap lines )

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
It's probably the knot tying bcoz i've found different knots suit different lines...

Alec - this line has a lot of strech to it mate, other thsn that - it's an alright line!!!

Gronowblanks - get yourself a spool of sufix tritanium, you wont go far wrong with that mate!!!

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
its snapping 3 or 4 inches from knot im not even pulling the knot that hard to it tighten up.i usually use sensor or penn line first time ive used this stuff will be the last by the look of it.
Run a meter off the spool and try breaking it with your hands,if you can you probably have a dodgy spool (where did you buy it from?).

Good line IMO......used the same reel load of 15lb for many sessions over 8 months (re-tied the leader a few times just to be safe) handled everything i threw at it....masses of weed,light rough,Tope over 40lb etc...:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Ultima F1 or Suffix Tritanium are the best sea lines about for the money, IMO. About £9 for 1000yards.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Maybe I'm thinking of a different line. The stuff he uses is yellow and has no, or very very little stretch and I assumed this was why it kept breaking. Strange that this line is also made by Diawa though.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I Use .35 Sakuma 18lb Never Had No Probs And Its £22 For 4550 Meters 1/2 Kilo

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,873 Posts
Ultima F1 or Suffix Tritanium are the best sea lines about for the money, IMO. About £9 for 1000yards.
I Use .35 Sakuma 18lb Never Had No Probs And Its £22 For 4550 Meters 1/2 Kilo
hi guys i have f1 titanium and sakuma nite crystal half kilo's spools in 15ib and 18 and the same problem happend to me sometimes when i tied a leader knot
tigh-lines
ROCK-ROVER

G

·
bad shockleader? its happened to me a couple of times but is usually with crap lines, never a quality line like daiwa tournament.

will93

·
Registered
342 Posts
It`s first class mono, although I prefer braid these days a few of my reels still have daiwa tournament loaded and it`s the strongest mono ive ever come accross, Alex, im not sure what you`re getting muddled up with cause this line has plenty of stretch. gronowblanks, I`d send it back, sounds if you`ve got a duff batch. Unless have you tried a different knot ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts