World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

I recieved a Daiwa Tournament Surf 136M in the post today. I've taken it out for a few practice casts, and whilst it seems like a nice rod, I noticed that the blank walls are really thin. Like, really thin!

There's not much reinforcement on the female section of the join either.

Has anyone else used this rod, and had good/bad experiences with it? Should I be concerned about the thickness of the blank walls?

Cheers,
Brodie.

(Yes, I should have asked before buying the rod! :veryconfused:)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I have the 12ft 6in, 14ft and 15ft HTS models and love them, with no problems so far. Watch that turn into the kiss of death and blow them up next time out!

·
Registered
8,938 Posts
Evening all,

I recieved a Daiwa Tournament Surf 136M in the post today. I've taken it out for a few practice casts, and whilst it seems like a nice rod, I noticed that the blank walls are really thin. Like, really thin!

There's not much reinforcement on the female section of the join either.

Has anyone else used this rod, and had good/bad experiences with it? Should I be concerned about the thickness of the blank walls?

Cheers,
Brodie.

(Yes, I should have asked before buying the rod! :veryconfused:)

Myself i'd repackage it back up............then come on here to find Address...................................Then send it to Flipper he could then tell you how nice a rod it was as he wanders off down the beach with it fishing!:whistling::whistling::whistling::D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts