World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tsf.steve and i fished off the dale fort last night. got there early, about 5 o'clock and fished the tide up and out until 11pm. we went in search of our first huss and my first ray.
used fish baits and were plagued as expected by the doggies, tsf.steve caught about eleventeen hundred and i had maybe a dozen (he's by far the best doggie catcher in the county).

the rays and huss remained elusive. one good point was a crab potter was puliing up strings of pots about 150yds off shore and they all looked to be jam packed full of spider crabs so we weren't harrassed by the little tw*ts, which was nice. bit windy there though.

as the old dog suggested there for huss and we failed, i think its only fair he offers us a personaly guided trip to his huss marks further north (please :) martin)

·
Registered
396 Posts
tsf.steve and i fished off the dale fort last night. got there early, about 5 o'clock and fished the tide up and out until 11pm. we went in search of our first huss and my first ray.
used fish baits and were plagued as expected by the doggies, tsf.steve caught about eleventeen hundred and i had maybe a dozen (he's by far the best doggie catcher in the county).

the rays and huss remained elusive. one good point was a crab potter was puliing up strings of pots about 150yds off shore and they all looked to be jam packed full of spider crabs so we weren't harrassed by the little tw*ts, which was nice. bit windy there though.

as the old dog suggested there for huss and we failed, i think its only fair he offers us a personaly guided trip to his huss marks further north (please :) martin)
give me a ring & we will try & sort out a session mate

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
while doggie bashing last nite, tsf.steve thought he was into a huss. dragging in a bit of a weight that put a bend in the broom handle he was using and he thought this is it, a huss. alas no, using a pennel rig he had a doggie on each hook. i'm sure this has happend to others before but something neither of us had seen. if i can work out how, ill put the photos up in a bit

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
while doggie bashing last nite, tsf.steve thought he was into a huss. dragging in a bit of a weight that put a bend in the broom handle he was using and he thought this is it, a huss. alas no, using a pennel rig he had a doggie on each hook. i'm sure this has happend to others before but something neither of us had seen. if i can work out how, ill put the photos up in a bit
I've had two fish on pennel hooks like that before, about two months ago i had a flounder on the bottom hook and a bass of about 3lb on the top hook. And its happened with me a few times with schoolie bass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts