World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ChrisP I was wandering if you could help me,yesterday i was on the slip at Barrow and managed to catch the concrete with my suzuki the bottom fin was damaged on the bottom corner but only about halve of on inch,its filed of smooth but was wondering if it would have any alterations to the boat handling

Told you were the man to help me

Thancks Tommy

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I am guessing you are refering to the skeg, the bit that sticks out below the gearbox casing like a mini rudder.

If it is not bent it will not have any effect at all. You need to be loosing a couple of inches off it to really notice it. It can be repaired but you will have to take the box off and it will cost about £200 for the repair plus postage each way. Not really worth it for the damage you describe. One thing though, prime the bare metal and paint it or you will get corrosion there which will creep up under the paint and make it look a mess.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ChrisP could you tell me what sort of paint i have to use as its only along the bottom edge which is only about 3mm thickness,Ive ground the edge to make it smooth

Thanks again for your prompt advice

Tommy

·
Registered
22 Posts
i had the same trouble once with an engine i cleaned it right down and painted it with smooth hamerite lasted for years. hope this helps

·
Banned
746 Posts
A tip when using car touch up paint is to spray some in the plastic lid and use a small artists brush to dab on innaccessible areas you can't mask. This would be ideal for painting the broken edge, it is also far easier to match the colour than paints such as hammerite.

My wifes make-up bag is full of interesting little dabbers and brushes, that she keeps losing :D

wildercard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts