World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, has anyone fished here recently? I've been wanting to give it a go for Huss for ages and never got round to it.

What I would like to know is what is the parking situation and access? Do you park in the castle car park or is it road parking ? And again do I access the rocks around the castle via the castle grounds or a nearby footpath?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Hi guys, has anyone fished here recently? I've been wanting to give it a go for Huss for ages and never got round to it.

What I would like to know is what is the parking situation and access? Do you park in the castle car park or is it road parking ? And again do I access the rocks around the castle via the castle grounds or a nearby footpath?

Thanks in advance
hi mate
bananas is your man for there

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
You can park in the castle carpark for free,it's usually empty when they have closed, there is a path down to the rocks on the right hand side of the castle, I tend to walk down to the left where the ferry goes to and fish the platform there, I've fished it a few times, was after 3brd rockling but ended up getting small Congers but I know huss and bigger Congers come from there.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks bananas ,will hopefully get out there in the next week or so for a bash. It's only a short trip over the ferry for me, sadly as they run till 9pm at the moment it's a longer drive home 😬🤦

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Must be made of money, them ferry's cost a fortune one way!, ive always driven around, good luck when you go.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you buy a 20 pass ticket it's about £30 ,it gets cheaper if you buy more I think 50-60 trips is around £1 each so it's pretty econ

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was there today .................. pay and display now ....................

Yep, ferry has got pricey ........... £10 return or £6 one way .................
thats shocking 😳
have they put it because of everyone holidaying in this country this year?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Certainly a lot cheaper with a concession pass. The bottom two rows are cars and lgv , the top row being motor cycle

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
£6.70 that's horrendous for such a short journey, I wouldn't use that amount of fuel driving via Totnes, plus from Slapton only takes me 25 mins depending on traffic at night, can queue that long some times.

I was there today .................. pay and display now .................
Is that after 6pm as well?

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
View attachment 1353387
Certainly a lot cheaper with a concession pass. The bottom two rows are cars and lgv , the top row being motor cycle
The prices I quoted were on the lower ferry ...................

Don't know about after 6:00pm parking ................ I just turned around in the carpark because it was full !

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi GPS guru, I looked on the lower ferry site, and though I don't think they did concession passes they appear to be doing them now , £20 for 10 trips up to £52 for 40 trips so it's quite a saving if you uses it occasionally .I must admit 20 passes lasts me over a year as I tend to fish till after the ferry stops and drive back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts