World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks,

Sorry if this may be an old topic, i don't usually look at this forum coz I've never been there to fish (bound to have missed out big time). However I am staying at a caravan at Dawlish Sands 8-11th June and am hoping to do some fishing. Any tips on local marks with species and rough tactics would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks,

Simon

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
hey buddy from personal experience i have found the fishing to be better on dawlish sea front.

in the past i have had bass, plaice and dogs from the beach to worm baits.

their is a mark called (i believe) langstone rock which is a renound plaice mark. im sure some of the south devon guys will be able to help you better

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi mate, donkeydawe is right about the best spot being Langstone Rock. Its at the far left hand end of the beach between Dawlish and Dawlish Warren. I've never had a blank session down there. Dawlish Warren can be good as well but fish a rising tide into darkness for the best chance of catching. Expect bass, doggies, rockling, flatties and a few other species could turn up as well. Its also possible to rake small sandeels from the beach at Dawlish Warren at low water during spring tides.

I would suggest that lug on a flapper rig would be you're best bet unless a storm rolls in, in which case use any shellfish you find on the beach.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I live in dawlish warren and the fishing has been poor this year m8, your coming on poor tides which kinda rules out evening mackerel fishing. Langstone rock has lost a lot of sand therefore exposing a lot more rock than usual at the moment and i haven't seen or heard of a flattie come from there for a couple years but you will get dogs at night or if the water is really murky. Your best bet would be to head to the end of the warren beach towards the mouth of the river and fish 2-3 groynes from the end. I always fish at no11 and here you may catch plaice, flounder and bass using rag, crab or lug. You can also walk round the end of the spit until you face the Exmouth lifeboat, its very tidal but you can catch good flounder and bass, crab is best here.Have a look at low and you will see why its not worth fishing in between these 2 marks. The tackle shop in dawlish now sells live crab and rag. Hope this helps:)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Let us know how you get on mate. I'm probably going to give the Warren a go in a couple of weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts