World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Sorry to say salmon but the warren is absolutely pants at the mo. I had the odd schoolie in march but no flounder or plaice and if your lucky enough to get a ray its usually on the big tides in september. The bass aren't here yet and you just don't catch cod here. Your best bet would be Hopes Nose in Torquay for general all round fishing. I have a hunch another local mark between Dawlish and Teignmouth may produce the odd huss or conger this time of year which i may try thurs eve so if your still at home keep your eyes peeled for a report.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to say salmon but the warren is absolutely pants at the mo. I had the odd schoolie in march but no flounder or plaice and if your lucky enough to get a ray its usually on the big tides in september. The bass aren't here yet and you just don't catch cod here. Your best bet would be Hopes Nose in Torquay for general all round fishing. I have a hunch another local mark between Dawlish and Teignmouth may produce the odd huss or conger this time of year which i may try thurs eve so if your still at home keep your eyes peeled for a report.
cheers mate. much appreciated

·
Registered
241 Posts
The Nose has also been very quiet so far this year. I'd avoid the place this week as well as a certain sea angling publication has said there should be mackerel around meaning there won't be room to move down there. Good luck with the Teignmouth session, I'm interested to hear what gets caught as its fairly local to me. I'm going to have a crack at some early bass in the estuary this weekend.
There might be an outside chance of a ray at Dartmouth to peeler or prawn.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
while we're talking teignmouth i heard a certain boat netted 10 stone of plaice and 2 stone of sole off the outer sandbars a couple of days ago. shame if its true!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
ssssh sheff i wanted him to go for a nice long walk hehehe
Oh! If thats the case then I've heard that Long Quarry is fishing its nuts off :) :secret:

As to all that netting - it doesn't surprise me. A friend of mine said that 40 odd stone of flounder was taken out the week before the national championship :uhuh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts