World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day of my two day foray after the elusive gut buckets commonly known as cod saw Jamie and myself joining 7 other anglers aboard seeker heading out into the estuary weather was pants with rain on and off all day. On the way out to the mark we heard reports of the odd cod coming in and slowed alongside a mate of allans who held up 2codling around the 4-5lb mark. We dropped the pick soon after. My tactics for the day was 2-3 squid on one rod and whole cuttle on the other these were mounted on 10/ pennels to stop the whiting and dogs hooking up. This tactic worked coz I only hooked 1dog all day and that was hooked where the sun don't shine. Unfortunately it was a day when the cod didn't want to play and the other boats aren't faring any different. There seemed to be very little flow in the tide and the water was to clear. Today in heading out with a couple of mates on a 12hr trip things shud improve with a bigger tide today and we will be fishing this eve as darkness falls. Fingers crossed the cods will play today and I will be posting a different sort of report tomorrow!!!tightlines

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.