World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Day off from the D.I.Y. time to fish!!!!! (15/03/16)

Shore 
878 views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Andy69 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Managed to squeeze my second session of the year in today. Was joined by shortrod (Pete) for another go after the plaice at Brighton.
Today it was my turn to be chauffeur for the day. We was struggling to get some fresh blacks so set of with frozen blacks, squid & blow lug. En route we phoned The Tackle box as Pete did try to order some bait but we was not holding our breath. We managed to get 4 packs (2 score) of so called fresh blacks at £3 per 10 worms from them. All I can say they definitely was not fresh blacks!!!!!!
Anyway onto the fishing. Arrived at Banjo's to find it all ready beginning to fill up with anglers. Pete was off to a flyer catching a plaice on his first cast. We both thought that it could be a good day. But the next few hours nothing. Then it was my turn, I managed 3 plaice in 3 casts. Pete was still struggling after his blistering start. I managed another 2 before Pete finally caught his second plaice of the day. The day went on & I crept my tally up to 7 plaice for the day. Pete was still stuck on 2 but was now attracting the whiting which he eventually managed to get 4 for the session. On Pete's last cast he welked out another plaice making it 3 for the day.

So final scores:

Me 7 plaice, 2 whiting & 1 rockling
Pete 3 plaice & 4 whiting

The plaice sizes went from 28cm up to 35cm today. I kept 4 out of the 7 I caught. Very enjoyable day much, much better than D.I.Y.!!!!!
Drinkware Bedrock Road surface Wood Cup

See less See more
#5 ·
Good work chaps. Glad you found a few for all your efforts!!

Reactions: Andy69
#9 ·
Glad you and pete managed to fit another trip in. Well done to you both for finding the plaice. Certainly makes a enjoyable day out when you catch your intended target.
Good report , take it you will be back for some more , those red spots can be addictive:rolleyes:.
Thanks mate, we did have a chat about it on our way home. It will depend on weather, tides and work. Might target the thornies next. Not had a crack at them yet this year, which is unlike me!!! But I do hope to get back down there as I'm hoping to get a real decent sized one from the beach.

#10 ·
Nice one Andy you had a good session today mate may it continue.....although the weather wasn't quite like the forecast as predicted we still had an enjoyable day....sorry about the squid shortage if only I had a brain.......DOH....
Lol, Pete it was nice of you to offer up the bait in the first place mate. Without your stock of frozen we wouldn't of gone, so thank you Pete.

#12 ·
Lol, nice one Steve. Can't remember any jokes being told yesterday. Think we both wanted to give the session a really good go.

#13 ·
Hi all,

Managed to squeeze my second session of the year in today. Was joined by shortrod (Pete) for another go after the plaice at Brighton.
Today it was my turn to be chauffeur for the day. We was struggling to get some fresh blacks so set of with frozen blacks, squid & blow lug. En route we phoned The Tackle box as Pete did try to order some bait but we was not holding our breath. We managed to get 4 packs (2 score) of so called fresh blacks at £3 per 10 worms from them. All I can say they definitely was not fresh blacks!!!!!!
Anyway onto the fishing. Arrived at Banjo's to find it all ready beginning to fill up with anglers. Pete was off to a flyer catching a plaice on his first cast. We both thought that it could be a good day. But the next few hours nothing. Then it was my turn, I managed 3 plaice in 3 casts. Pete was still struggling after his blistering start. I managed another 2 before Pete finally caught his second plaice of the day. The day went on & I crept my tally up to 7 plaice for the day. Pete was still stuck on 2 but was now attracting the whiting which he eventually managed to get 4 for the session. On Pete's last cast he welked out another plaice making it 3 for the day.

So final scores:

Me 7 plaice, 2 whiting & 1 rockling
Pete 3 plaice & 4 whiting

The plaice sizes went from 28cm up to 35cm today. I kept 4 out of the 7 I caught. Very enjoyable day much, much better than D.I.Y.!!!!!
View attachment 359866
Well done Andy, top session.

#14 ·
Well done it is good to catch target speices, especially on a day trip away, but did you know Eastbourne has fished well for plaice laterly, probably nearer for you, but the sea needs to be clear, it wasn't clear enough Tuesday but the next day can be different, there are reports on the south coast page of recent Eastbourne plaice up to 2.5 lb.
There are plenty of tackle and bait shops locally, which charge about £5 for a score of fresh blacks.

#17 ·
Cheers for the advice. I've never fished Eastbourne so might be worth a try next time. Any advice on hot spots would be appreciated thanks.

#15 ·
well done Andy good catch there Easter coming up hopefully get a chance to meet up and head off fishing

Reactions: Andy69
#18 ·
Cheers Becky, we keep promising to catch up for a session, must do it soon!!!!!!
Very slim chance during kids Easter holidays as I will be at work, D.I.Y. or out with the family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.