World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i am only just easing myself back into fishing so not got all the night gear yet
My question is over the next coming couple of months where will possibly be the best day fishing marks around kent
I like the idea of Sandwich Bay never fished it so would be very intrestead in this is it worth it during the day ?
What weather conditions suit i understand the 10th hole / slipway is a good spot
What about dungie / denge do these get better during the day ?
more intrestead in flatfish plaice etc rather then big cod
Cheers
Dave

·
Global Moderator
7,083 Posts
Flatfish/Plaice are a bit thin on the ground until the dabs arrive in December/January.

Dungie/Denge should fish well from mid september onwards for whiting in daylight as should Hythe especially if the water is coloured with the chance of a codling or dab/doggie. Also a chance of a bass.

Sandwich, I'm not sure about as haven't fished it much in daylight in winter myself but would imagine its the same but with a few more doggies.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Had a few dabs and bits in the day off the pier in Ramsgate, dabs were in coloured water using stinky mussel baits. I like fishing Sandown Groynes in the day as well, you'll pick up a few off there. Smelly black lug is another top bait:help: I think it's a bit late for plaice, I had a couple of small ones around march/april on rag in clear water in the day earlier in the year

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well be it a good or bad decission (prob bad) i am going to sandwich bay on mon see how it goes lucly enough i dont mind just drowning worms but the water should still be cloudy from this blow :crazy:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Strong winds can make these places unfishable or very difficult to :fishing1: for more comfort...

If its blowing a strong N/E at sandwich bay go to dungie or around the corner past dover.

If its blowing strong N/W at dungie go to sandwich bay or any mark past dover again or even reculver etc

Thats about my 2 cents worth of knowledge learn't over the last 12 months fishing this stretch of coast:victory:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Well be it a good or bad decission (prob bad) i am going to sandwich bay on mon see how it goes lucly enough i dont mind just drowning worms but the water should still be cloudy from this blow :crazy:
Could be worth chucking a big bluey bait out on one rod if the waters coloured and settled in chance of a ray:victory:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could be worth chucking a big bluey bait out on one rod if the waters coloured and settled in chance of a ray:victory:
Showing my ignorance now is this reference to a macky lol
if so morrision i will be there on mon morn bet they aint got none

·
Registered
951 Posts
sandgate is worth a try,rocky/grit bottom 1st 100yds,good chance of a decent bass,mackerel or bluey as bait as cbe said.After that its clean ground[sand] good chance of flatties.?If your after frozen blueys,or any bait frozen.Costcutter in dover,they have a freezer just ammo baits and cheap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts