World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
I tried it with a 5 inch senko worm. I cast it out and let it sink to the bottom and left it ... twitched it ... left it ... twitched it ... and so on .... nothing ... and then bang, a fish hit it and bit half the worm off. Could have been a Bass or a Wrasse or a Pollack ... so yes it does work. I had the worm rigged weedless with a small weight on its nose so the hook was in the top two inches, I think a Bass would have sucked the whole worm in, so I think it was probably a Wrasse.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
62,620 Posts
I tried it with a 5 inch senko worm. I cast it out and let it sink to the bottom and left it ... twitched it ... left it ... twitched it ... and so on .... nothing ... and then bang, a fish hit it and bit half the worm off. Could have been a Bass or a Wrasse or a Pollack ... so yes it does work. I had the worm rigged weedless with a small weight on its nose so the hook was in the top two inches, I think a Bass would have sucked the whole worm in, so I think it was probably a Wrasse.
I'd put money on it that it was a wrasse that bit the senko.
Why not drop down to a 4" or 3" senko..........:thumbs:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yes I think I will try some smaller ones nick. I have only tried it a couple of times, its like feeling for bites with bait but using lures instead ... I enjoyed it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just read Wexford angling blog where Danny had good success with wrasse using a technique called 'Dead Sticking.' Can anyone explain this method or is it just as simple as it sounds.
Thanks lads
Hi Neil,

Your right it is a very simple method.
I use it on water that has a bit of movement, could be due to swell/channel/rip etc.
I don't use it on stagnant water i.e. flat calm with no movement.
The SP is not static on the bottom when I use it. it is constantly moving without me imparting any action on it. For example that entry on the blog I used a 5g Bachi head with an Avocado and Silver Xlayer. the combined weight allowed the SP to move around with the water. I just adjusted the rod position and line tension to keep slight contact with the SP until I seen some interest through the movement of the line, then I lifted in to the fish and hung on .. :crazy: sure it is something different if nothing else :fishing1:

Danny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts