World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking at going down to deal/dove r on Saturday anyone been lately i.e last 48hrs where did you fish? I understand that a lot of anglers don't want to give away there hotspots and I don't blame you in the slightest!!! But any general reports of the recent fish activity and general directions as I am quite badly disabled and can't walk too far I have to travel down from London so you can imagine it's not easy for me anywhere along deal beaches with disabled parking spots even better there was a lot of people who have me some good info last couple of weeks of marks to fish but I have a feeling they will be pretty packed so any beach marks between dove r and deal and what specice you where getting really would make a painful drive down worth it.funny that watching the rod tip banging away seems to cure a lot of things for a while isn't it? Thanks in advance for any reports all the best to anyone going out for a session this weekend and my commisaration to any one who wants to be out but can't many thanks ken

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Deal pier would be a better bet mate,car park just down the road and a comfortable day out.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Am looking at going down to deal/dove r on Saturday anyone been lately i.e last 48hrs where did you fish? I understand that a lot of anglers don't want to give away there hotspots and I don't blame you in the slightest!!! But any general reports of the recent fish activity and general directions as I am quite badly disabled and can't walk too far I have to travel down from London so you can imagine it's not easy for me anywhere along deal beaches with disabled parking spots even better there was a lot of people who have me some good info last couple of weeks of marks to fish but I have a feeling they will be pretty packed so any beach marks between dove r and deal and what specice you where getting really would make a painful drive down worth it.funny that watching the rod tip banging away seems to cure a lot of things for a while isn't it? Thanks in advance for any reports all the best to anyone going out for a session this weekend and my commisaration to any one who wants to be out but can't many thanks ken

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very Much for your reply mate I use to fish deal pier quite a lot the second shelter up on the right hand side on the floor has got me some good fish I always take a rod I made up from the top of an old complex cod 5 it is just right to fish a live bait or small bluey and an o!d Penn 35 feel I put a power handle and 50lb line I lost years ago after a 10 min fight which had the rod bent over right through to the butt not I only managed to see the fish once when I got it to the surface and it dived again under the pier and broke me off on the pi!ed I am not the sort of angler that blows up the size of a fish I had 7-8 other blokes all hanging over the side looking and they saw the bass once and all said it was well into double figures one he'll of a fight I will never ever forget it as long as I live!!!! I have had a couple of cod near doble figs from the lower deck back in the 80s but unfortunately I can not walk the 300+ has to the lower deck and you can't fish the stem now as it is being repaired and I like to fish 4 rods sounds s lot but 2 rods on the bottom out as far as I can get them one live bait down the side and one float this time of year that cost eleven quid per rod of you get there early morning and fish until 10pm 44quid it's disgusting that price. The beach can fish well I'm told but a few snags from Rocky places but have seen on a site where they are princes parade I'm told can fish well but which spot? I can't walk the 300 yrs to pier any more so had to be the beach thanks for rely best wishes Ken p.s do you know b

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going down to pick up bait at 6am at dove r then depending on wind direction will see what's the score don't mind a bit of breeze if kicks up a nice surf but not a huley force 6 blowing straight in your face and watch your lead to back over your head!!!!Even if I have to go to Brighton marina east arm will check dungy out see how busy I am going to target plaice will let you know how I got on Lets hope I'm sending you some nice picts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
if you drive past pier to bait shop past hotel continue to end of road turn left 1st right thats sandown castle your 50 to 60 yards from beach with FREE parking, ive had many a good session there with mixed bag of fish. I found it a comfy fish didnt need to lob bait big distance to catch as not getting any younger at 68 need all help possible. Enjoy your day happy fishing

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you drive past pier to bait shop past hotel continue to end of road turn left 1st right thats sandown castle your 50 to 60 yards from beach with FREE parking, ive had many a good session there with mixed bag of fish. I found it a comfy fish didnt need to lob bait big distance to catch as not getting any younger at 68 need all help possible. Enjoy your day happy fishing

·
Registered
52 Posts
Going down to pick up bait at 6am at dove r then depending on wind direction will see what's the score don't mind a bit of breeze if kicks up a nice surf but not a huley force 6 blowing straight in your face and watch your lead to back over your head!!!!Even if I have to go to Brighton marina east arm will check dungy out see how busy I am going to target plaice will let you know how I got on Lets hope I'm sending you some nice picts
If you are picking up bait from Dover you can drive onto Prince of Wales Pier and fish from your car virtually....You must show your disabled ID at barrier camera....I know you will be fishing inside Dover Harbour...but I've seen a good variety of fish caught there...Good Luck

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much for the info I am 61 myself and quite badly disabled Its very hard for me to walk any distance due to 5 prolapse docs spinal arthritis and the most severe sciatica in my left leg as you can imagine I don't sgain out much but with the morphine i take i can kill the pain but not the damage K can do to kingfisher somewhere near there years ago thanks
If you are picking up bait from Dover you can drive onto Prince of Wales Pier and fish from your car virtually....You must show your disabled ID at barrier camera....I know you will be fishing inside Dover Harbour...but I've seen a good variety of fish caught there...Good Luck

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was a bit surprised to find that it is poss to drive onto PO W pier the breakwster top gear struggled to get past the low pier is connected to the marina as the rich folks holiday flats are by the pier and they can park inside the harbour but don't know if you can drive onto pier will call dove r port folks and ask yhsnks

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I was a bit surprised to find that it is poss to drive onto PO W pier the breakwster top gear struggled to get past the low pier is connected to the marina as the rich folks holiday flats are by the pier and they can park inside the harbour but don't know if you can drive onto pier will call dove r port folks and ask yhsnks
Would be very interested in how you get on with inquiry with harbour master about parking please

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would be very interested in how you get on with inquiry with harbour master about parking please
Hi mate you can't fish low pier anymore it's a building site of you want to park close to the smartly you have to join dove r sea club 50 quid plus 15 quid to book a bay to park for the day this does cover Sandgate pier as well if you are local and going to fish most weekends it's ok but if you can only go a few times a year it's expensive deal pier to fish from 9 a.m. Until 9p.m. it's its 11.50 per rod on a pier I like 3 rods out on the bottom one straight down with a live bait for bass and a float rod to troy around the pier legs that's over 45quid to fish for the whole day!!!! I would not pay that if I was a mi!Leonard out of principal it's a tip off no cafe nothing

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi mate you can't fish low pier anymore it's a building site of you want to park close to the smartly you have to join dove r sea club 50 quid plus 15 quid to book a bay to park for the day this does cover Sandgate pier as well if you are local and going to fish most weekends it's ok but if you can only go a few times a year it's expensive deal pier to fish from 9 a.m. Until 9p.m. it's its 11.50 per rod on a pier I like 3 rods out on the bottom one straight down with a live bait for bass and a float rod to troy around the pier legs that's over 45quid to fish for the whole day!!!! I would not pay that if I was a mi!Leonard out of principal it's a tip off no cafe nothing

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Many thank for reply m8 its getting harder to find places to fish as we mature im lucky to have my blue badge which helps with parking. Living North London dont help as most expense is gone on fuel. But it really helps to get away for the day and unwind plus enjoy myself it all helps

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Many thank for reply m8 its getting harder to find places to fish as we mature im lucky to have my blue badge which helps with parking. Living North London dont help as most expense is gone on fuel. But it really helps to get away for the day and unwind plus enjoy myself it all helps

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I understsnd exactly what you mean mate i am quite bsdly disablef and although i have a blue badge myself they are not particularly usefull for getting to plaves to fishI use to love southend pier as i ive in east london was only a haf hour drive but there is no where for disabled parking canvy island is easy to get to but seems devoid of fish unless you can get on the old black jetty which if you are disabled is a no no thorpe bay caravan park is very easy acssesd but the crabs strip your bait within min but at least your out petrol prices do limit you tilbury fort is easy parking but not a lot of fish this time of year crabs again im afraid will strip you in mins try putting your rig set higher off thethe sea bed and long thin strips of squid will get you the odd flounder or small bass at least you will be fishing not sst in front of the tele and yhat has to be a good thing mate!!!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts