World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided to have a crack at Dover today despite the appalling reports and strong winds, had a walk up there and decided the plan was n't quite such a good one!

with a 7.3 m tide and strong SW winds it was looking like a guarenteed early close and that was confirmed from the pier steward so a change of location was required and the old faithful Deal Pier seemed like a viable alternative with expectations pretty sodding low!

Still you have to fish as hard as you can wherever you go and so thats what I did and was rewarded with a starry smoothie of about 3lb first up followed by a small snottie and then a decent pouting and that was my lot, pretty bad but there was only one other fish caught whilst i was there and that was to the guy i was fishing with so not too bad all.

Fishing was slow, painfully slow with crabs stripping baits in about 5-6 minutes and even the pout were n't playing ball despite going down to size 6 hooks and fine wire booms but hey ho, if there not there then you can't catch them and smoothie was a small bonus!
:1a:

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
If you put in the effort and the hours you earn a result.
Well done on the starry, the pout and the eel.

A lot more than I caught sitting in doors thinking about it.

G

·
well done andy,not bad for on there i spose.how are they getting on with the new caff?

and did u loose much gear?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the right hand side is still pretty unfishable and in the strong tides even more so, donated three or four rigs to the fore even when i was clipping and whacking the baits with full pendulum's they were snagging on the old flint a fair way out, the left hand side was another matter really, no snags just a fair old problem holding bottom, the cafe is a month behind schedule with an expected completion the end of this month but it will now be end of next month....wait and see!

the situation with snags has always been a long running saga with Deal Pier but having left it be for most of the year it really is noticable how bad it has got, not a session that lives in the memory in any great way but still the odd fish around in daylight!

there have been a few small coddling coming up in the week apparently and i could well believe it looking at the water colour and disturbance and the largest fish for the month is about 6 1/2lb bass i think so the odd slightly better fish mixed amongst the rest!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they are certainly around off shore its just still very early for them with the warm water temps at the mo, still bodes well for the winter season i feel and the 500 peelers sitting chilling in the freezer may well not have been frozen in vain!

·
Registered
296 Posts
they are certainly around off shore its just still very early for them with the warm water temps at the mo, still bodes well for the winter season i feel and the 500 peelers sitting chilling in the freezer may well not have been frozen in vain!
i reckon your right cor i wish i had 500 peelers!!!

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Good effort as allways andy! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts