World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a quick 3 hour session over high water, not hectic but good fun I had A Thornback of 4.670 K.G. and my daughter lost another good one having got it to the top of the water. Also had half a dozen dogs between us. The ray was on sandeel. Fished the top deck to keep away from the snags.
The ray leads the heviest fish of the month at the moment so if someone gets a bigger one as a result of this post I will expect a share.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Roker galore this year or what! Nice fish mate.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Nice ray dave the pier seems to be fishing better than it has for a long time shame about your daughter losing the other one.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
bloody hell dave, you fished the pier outside of a comp. LOL.

nice fish, well done mate.

i take it i'll see you tomoz.

·
Banned
3,440 Posts
I dont ever remember so many Roker being caught, is there some reason for their current numbers? Not that I am moaning of course.

G

·
I reckon it must be down purely to Rons Fillet and Release strategy:). Perhaps Roker are like worms they just grow new wings after Ron has cut them off:unsure:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Many thanks for your kind replys guys.
I had never caught a ray from the shore in east kent until about 5 years ago and now you can actually go and target them. They together with the smoothys have really filled some of the gap left by the demise of the big cod.
Cant help feeling global warming has a hand in this somewhere.
I prefer my cod and and chips to ray and chips so yesterdays fish was returned despite some funny comments from the pier walkers who couldnt comprehend a catch and return policy.
DaveA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts